Poll: Tpo lists for 2v2!
AWESOMENESS!
no
[Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 4 Vote(s) - 3.25 Average
Petition: We want 2v2 top lists!
01-03-2013, 03:22 AM (This post was last modified: 01-03-2013 03:24 AM by Harti.)
RE: Petition: We want 2v2 top lists!
I wondered. This might be a dumb conspiracy theory. But why did it take all that long to develop the new Super-Titan team?

Season 2 started 12/12/12, meaning that it's been 3 weeks. For the 1v1 leagues, Super-Titan league was filled in an instant. At least most of the original Super-Titans got catapulted back into Super-Titan league after their single placement match. Why not the 2v2 people?

I just plain think there is no hidden ranking for 2v2. It would be highly difficult to use the 1v1 algorithm on a team. They would have to set up a new "user account" for that team so that the rating is linked to both players.

It's the only explanation I have. Because why else would OML withhold the standings for so long?
Promotions and demotions could probably be decided by winning/losing streaks as well as points and the players' leagues. I've never had s4mbita as a 2v2 partner but we won our 5 placements, got placed into Gifted, won a 6th game and went straight up into Master league. This quick promotion wouldn't EVER happen on the 1v1 league system. If we weren't to lose our next game we could try to prove the theory. :O

jesusfuentesh Wrote:  Harti is like the silent lion. He never says any word, but when so, he was just waiting for his victim haha

[Image: sig.png]
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
01-03-2013, 03:30 AM
(01-03-2013 03:22 AM)Harti Wrote:  It's the only explanation I have. Because why else would OML withhold the standings for so long?
Promotions and demotions could probably be decided by winning/losing streaks as well as points and the players' leagues. I've never had s4mbita as a 2v2 partner but we won our 5 placements, got placed into Gifted, won a 6th game and went straight up into Master league. This quick promotion wouldn't EVER happen on the 1v1 league system. If we weren't to lose our next game we could try to prove the theory. :O

this is what happened with me and random task. and no you dont get to ST on the 7th win Tongue hahaha. ( i kinda hoped we would at that time.. still hoping for every win we get xD)
i think we are at 10-0

[Image: 9d7f96a4e69f9e49b3bcb2a9b2aa3267_zpsffc0a44c.jpg]
Anonymous Clan
GC: Pastil*
01-03-2013, 03:30 AM
(01-03-2013 03:22 AM)Harti Wrote:  I wondered. This might be a dumb conspiracy theory. But why did it take all that long to develop the new Super-Titan team?

Season 2 started 12/12/12, meaning that it's been 3 weeks. For the 1v1 leagues, Super-Titan league was filled in an instant. At least most of the original Super-Titans got catapulted back into Super-Titan league after their single placement match. Why not the 2v2 people?

I just plain think there is no hidden ranking for 2v2. It would be highly difficult to use the 1v1 algorithm on a team. They would have to set up a new "user account" for that team so that the rating is linked to both players.

It's the only explanation I have. Because why else would OML withhold the standings for so long?

I work with databases for my job, and I really don't think it should be a obstacle for OML to be able to track a specific pair of individuals for a 2v2 ranking. Each player must have a unique ID for the OML database. At the very least, OML can take the combination of two unique IDs to get a unique 2v2 team ID, and use that for matchmaking. Probably they have a more elegant system, but that would work, and should be within their capabilities.

Now, why there are so few 2v2 STs, and why OML continues its silence on 2v2 rankings, that I don't know. I guess I also don't know that you're necessarily wrong Harti, just seems unlikely to me.
01-03-2013, 03:43 AM (This post was last modified: 01-03-2013 03:47 AM by alexjiang1.)
2 2v2 ST teams now, us and krogoth/Gurleyman
(01-03-2013 01:09 AM)GreatGonzales Wrote:  Gurleyman and krogoth are kicking out asses in a couple games currently... Mostly due to turn 9 bombshells.

Their Bombshell comes first
Prepatch, so take it for what it's worth, we dealt with their bombshell coming out before ours

iPro Clan
01-04-2013, 03:01 AM
Hey OML, maybe 2v2 rankings today?? Big Grin
01-04-2013, 03:02 AM
..bump?
01-04-2013, 04:01 AM
bump*

Anonymous Clan
01-04-2013, 06:34 AM
This thread has the 9th most posts of any thread on the forum. That warrants some attention don't you think??
01-04-2013, 06:42 AM
(01-04-2013 06:34 AM)GreatGonzales Wrote:  This thread has the 9th most posts of any thread on the forum. That warrants some attention don't you think??

Well, then

SPAM IT WITH POSTS SO IT WILL BECOME TOP POSTED!

01-04-2013, 06:44 AM
i dont think adam and alex checks forum statistics. and im positive that they have already read this.

Anonymous Clan