Thread Rating:
  • 27 Vote(s) - 3.93 Average
Bug Report Thread
07-08-2012, 07:39 AM
RE: Bug Report Thread
(07-08-2012 07:30 AM)Fleshman Wrote:  Also i miss achievements sooo much!
Tilt to Live have a lot of cool achievements, and Outwitters have nothing?
I dont understand...

I cannot look inside Alex' or Adams head, but achievements are a tricky thing in a game like Outwitters in my opinion.
Imagine there were an Achievement to build 100 Runners. Imagine, you are near victory in a game - wouldn't you be tempted to prolong the game as long as possible to build hordes of Runners? In general: how much would achievements affect your tactic and strategy?
It feels weird not to have achievements to chase, but like I said in another thread: "Have we been spoiled by achievements and levels so much that we can no longer play a game for the fun of it? Do we need an additional incentive to continue playing?"

If you want to discuss achievements or the lack thereof any further, I would encourage you to create a new thread and keep this thread exclusively on bugs.

I am in no way affiliated with or authorized by One Man Left Studios, LLC.
Any information on Outwitters I present is founded on personal experience, public knowledge or the Outwitters Beta Test.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
07-08-2012, 09:12 AM
(07-08-2012 01:08 AM)shadysmurf Wrote:  Two more wins today where I got an error when the screen goes white after you win, and no points were awarded. Frustrating.

I've also had this issue.
Find all posts by this user
07-08-2012, 05:14 PM
One of my league games was mysteriously split into two: One league game and one identical pass&play game with the same opponent. After a few error messages and an app restart I could submit my turn for the league game and just forfeited the pass&play game.
07-09-2012, 01:20 AM
What can I do to those player refuse to continue?
07-09-2012, 01:23 AM
(07-09-2012 01:20 AM)ixly Wrote:  What can I do to those player refuse to continue?

That's not a bug and does not belong in this thread.

If your opponent does not submit his/her turn within 7 days, he/she will automatically forfeit and you win the game. So, to answer your question, you can wait it out. Note however, that you can have up to 20 active games at once.

I am in no way affiliated with or authorized by One Man Left Studios, LLC.
Any information on Outwitters I present is founded on personal experience, public knowledge or the Outwitters Beta Test.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
07-09-2012, 01:25 AM
After a few days of playing, issues I've seen with Outwitters.

Context: played on a 4S running iOS 5.1.1, from western europe, usually on EDGE.
  • Sometimes hangs while opening a game, remaining on the "loading" spinner
  • List often displays the empty "no game found" screen on opening, with no way to manually force a reload (tapping the "Games" tab does not do the trick), in that case I usually have to get out, kill the game and restart
  • On submitting a move, a timeout dialog sometimes appears. At that point the move may or may not have been submitted. The game usually crashes afterwards.
  • Notifications seemed to never trigger, or to trigger randomly, but this seems to have been fixed

Wishes:
  • a setting replacing the info-less spinners by actual loading information, to know what's happening and what the game is waiting on.
  • being able to refresh the list of games either by tapping on the "Games" tab or by pulling the list
07-09-2012, 02:07 AM
I'm still getting the occasional duplicate notification, and have recently been getting notifications that it is my turn when in fact the other player has not yet completed theirs. I've also gotten notifications for games that have already been completed.

This may be intentional, but you can see when bonus wit spaces have been captured even when they are covered by the fog of war.

If it is of any importance, this is on an iPod touch running iOS 5.1.1.
07-09-2012, 03:10 AM (This post was last modified: 07-09-2012 06:18 AM by Dawizerd.)
(07-09-2012 01:25 AM)masklinn Wrote:  
  • Sometimes hangs while opening a game, remaining on the "loading" spinner
  • List often displays the empty "no game found" screen on opening, with no way to manually force a reload (tapping the "Games" tab does not do the trick)

I've had these as well, playing on a ipad2 over my home wifi.

Also not getting credit for my 2 placement game wins yet, still showing 5 of 5 to go
07-09-2012, 07:58 AM (This post was last modified: 07-09-2012 07:58 AM by Szei.)
(07-08-2012 05:14 PM)Wenrod Wrote:  One of my league games was mysteriously split into two: One league game and one identical pass&play game with the same opponent. After a few error messages and an app restart I could submit my turn for the league game and just forfeited the pass&play game.

This happened to me too a day ago, though that was in a friendly game against Casey R Parsons, not a league game. In the newly created Pass&Play game (made by the glitch) it was an exact copy of our friendly game except I had 5 extra wits.
07-09-2012, 08:03 AM (This post was last modified: 07-09-2012 08:05 AM by Harti.)
(07-09-2012 07:58 AM)Szei Wrote:  
(07-08-2012 05:14 PM)Wenrod Wrote:  One of my league games was mysteriously split into two: One league game and one identical pass&play game with the same opponent. After a few error messages and an app restart I could submit my turn for the league game and just forfeited the pass&play game.

This happened to me too a day ago, though that was in a friendly game against Casey R Parsons, not a league game. In the newly created Pass&Play game (made by the glitch) it was an exact copy of our friendly game except I had 5 extra wits.

Any chance you did something special before that happened?
It's a very interesting bug after all and Alex needs to hunt down the actual causes. Contextual information, be it useless in your eyes, can actually matter and help a lot! Smile

(For example: Your league; Your GC name; Did you change your GC name; Did the app crash at some point before the game was split; What did you do before it crashed; Did your opponent hit the resign button; ...)

jesusfuentesh Wrote:  Harti is like the silent lion. He never says any word, but when so, he was just waiting for his victim haha

[Image: sig.png]