Thread Rating:
  • 8 Vote(s) - 4.5 Average
Need advice? - Post your replay!
07-08-2012, 08:27 AM
RE: Need advice? - Post your replay!
@Szei:
- Turn 2: I wouldn't leave that Soldier alive because there is a Medic on this very small map. Either skip the bonus spot that turn or ignore it.
- Turn 8: Attack the Sniper from the bottom so that their Heavy can't just eat your Runner without moving (in theory).

jesusfuentesh Wrote:  Harti is like the silent lion. He never says any word, but when so, he was just waiting for his victim haha

[Image: sig.png]
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
07-08-2012, 10:57 PM
hey, i lost in this match. fairly new to tactical games.

http:// outwitters://viewgame?id=ag5vdXR...20Yo94sDA
07-08-2012, 11:10 PM (This post was last modified: 07-08-2012 11:22 PM by Kamikaze28.)
(07-08-2012 10:57 PM)Jack.J98 Wrote:  hey, i lost in this match. fairly new to tactical games.

outwitters://viewgame?id=ag5vdXR3aXR0ZXJzZ2FtZXIQCxIIR2FtZVJvb20Yo94sDA

There were spaces before and after the link - the forum didn't handle those gracefully and thus broke the link. I fixed it.

Turn 7: instead of dragging your Medic along with your Heavy, you should have taken out the enemies Heavy with your Sniper and a Runner - you clearly intended to do that but ran out of Wits. Counting a move out can prevent this kind of mistake.

Turn 11: You must have realized that you had fewer units than your opponent even before moving your Runner. In this situation, I would recommend building defenses and recuperating from your failed offensive. Also again: you moved a Runner next to an enemy Runner without enough Wits to destroy it - count out your moves to avoid this. You did not need to lose your Runner here.

Turn 16: It was clear what your opponent was doing with his Soldier on the lower left lane. You did not do anything to stop him or destroy him in a few turns, instead you launched an offensive which could not have possibly destroyed your opponents base before his Soldier destroyed yours.

Your opponent seized the opportunity when your army was decimated and overpowered you through sheer numbers.

I am in no way affiliated with or authorized by One Man Left Studios, LLC.
Any information on Outwitters I present is founded on personal experience, public knowledge or the Outwitters Beta Test.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
07-08-2012, 11:17 PM
You lost control over the game in turn 10, so my analysis for 1-9:
- 3: Move your runner first to see more. If you're going to attack anyway, that is. If you can assume by the way units have been predeployed on the map, you would've known that there's a Heavy waiting to eat your Soldier.
- 7: Do not move the Medic, kill the shark instead. However, you had good luck that they didn't spawn a Runner and kill the Medic, so you're okay.
- 9: Attack HQ with Heavy, put your Medic in between Sniper and Heavy, heal the Heavy and enjoy your win.

jesusfuentesh Wrote:  Harti is like the silent lion. He never says any word, but when so, he was just waiting for his victim haha

07-08-2012, 11:25 PM
(07-08-2012 11:17 PM)Harti Wrote:  - 9: Attack HQ with Heavy, put your Medic in between Sniper and Heavy, heal the Heavy and enjoy your win.

I completely missed that - yeah, that would have been a clear win. There was no way for your opponent to destroy a 5 HP Heavy next to his base. Also note, that the Sniper could not have shot through your Medic to hit the Heavy.

I am in no way affiliated with or authorized by One Man Left Studios, LLC.
Any information on Outwitters I present is founded on personal experience, public knowledge or the Outwitters Beta Test.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
07-08-2012, 11:36 PM
Neither could it have stepped aside, build Runner to destroy Medic, then shoot. Wouldn't have been enough either. The constellation with the lucky Medic was purely awesome. Smile

07-09-2012, 03:43 AM
Help!

Hi I lost a 2v2 ranked no idea what me or my partner did wrong, Please help.
07-09-2012, 04:00 AM (This post was last modified: 07-09-2012 04:02 AM by AlphaRalphA.)
This is my first placement match (which I have not received any credit for....) ever. It was definately way different from a friendly game! My question is could I have finished faster? I felt like there was to much back and forth and was never really sure of what was going to happen till the last couple turns. Any advice in general would be appreciated. Oh and on turn 6 I misclicked and spawned a medic instead of a sniper.

outwitters://viewgame?id=ag5vdXR3aXR0ZXJzZ2FtZXIQCxIIR2FtZVJvb20Y14MsDA
07-09-2012, 04:08 AM (This post was last modified: 07-09-2012 04:39 AM by Dawizerd.)
(07-09-2012 03:43 AM)knighthalo123 Wrote:  Help!

Hi I lost a 2v2 ranked no idea what me or my partner did wrong, Please help.

You took your heavy on a long walk across bottom leaving mid open for them to walk the heavy and soldier to your base. "The shortest distance between two points is a straight line." Red seemed to be distracted up the top flank as well, leaving the middle open.
07-09-2012, 06:46 AM
(07-08-2012 07:32 AM)eumerk Wrote:  Yeah, when I watched the replay the only thing I really noticed myself was the blunder I made in using my medic to protect the base instead of my heavy. I have no idea why I made that move, I don't remember it being a misclick (which happens to me more often than I'd like).

Turn 5: I have no idea. Watching that again, that was ridiculously played.

Is my strategy common for this map? How do other people approach it?

I make an early scout on this map for vision, then I tend to attack their spawn or defend my base. And when I do go attack their base, I bring my heavy.