Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 4 Average
New Feature Request
11-29-2012, 05:08 AM
New Feature Request
I'd love to see my win-loss record in my profile and not just my wins. It would help me understand whether I am improving or not...

Cheers,
Paul

PS - I don't mind this being visible to others either, but others may feel differently want want the losses hidden.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
11-29-2012, 05:26 AM
RE: New Feature Request
Hiding the losses was a design decision which was made very early before beta even started.

It's there because the matchmaking algorithm wants to always get your W/L ratio down (or up?) to 0.5. That is, you wouldn't be too happy about looking at mediocre "W: 150 L: 140" stats all the time.

You can see that you're improving when you're getting paired up against players from the next league tier, usually when you're having a winning streak with only very few losses in between.

jesusfuentesh Wrote:  Harti is like the silent lion. He never says any word, but when so, he was just waiting for his victim haha

[Image: sig.png]
11-29-2012, 07:21 PM
Nice point Harti.

If we are on the topic of requests, I would personally love a colour selection feature. Not just the four primary colours, but others such as purple/white/brown etc. I think this comes from playing so many fighting games, being able to select colours is a must for me.
11-29-2012, 07:52 PM
All good points--maybe stats for kills/deaths and other things viewable in replays would be a good compromise?
11-30-2012, 04:22 AM
Thanks Harti, I really don't care about looking 'mediocre', but I uses others might... Just thought it would be nice to see the stats. I have no issues with the way it currently stands though...

Thanks,
Paul
11-30-2012, 04:27 AM
It is true that the system is designed to give players a 50/50 ratio, but that doesn't mean displaying w/l is useless. 1. This is clearly not the case with many players who are still rising in the rankings. Showing w/l will let people know who deserves to be in a higher league. 2. More importantly, at least w/l should be shown for supertitan players and maybe masters. Especially in the case of supertitans, there is a good chance that the best players will have greater than a 50/50 ratio.
11-30-2012, 04:31 AM
(11-29-2012 05:26 AM)Harti Wrote:  Hiding the losses was a design decision which was made very early before beta even started.

It's there because the matchmaking algorithm wants to always get your W/L ratio down (or up?) to 0.5. That is, you wouldn't be too happy about looking at mediocre "W: 150 L: 140" stats all the time.

You can see that you're improving when you're getting paired up against players from the next league tier, usually when you're having a winning streak with only very few losses in between.

While this may seem logical its a poor design decision. Never take the options out of my hands as a user(obviously there is always an exception to every rule.) I should be allowed to choose either.

Are you telling me it makes more sense for a user to have to interpet certain metrics like who he is matched against, their ranking, is the pairing truly a reflection of your performance or is it an amalgamation of performance and available players/opponents.

Way too many variables to use that as a gauge for progress. I just think its a weak justification for a poor design decision.
11-30-2012, 04:39 AM
> I support the request for more detailed player strength stats.
> The option to play a quick game with 5 to 7 minutes time to make a turn would be great.
> A draw button would be great, with game counting as a draw once both players activate it.

[Image: sig.png][Image: 2u7x1fb.jpg]
awesome signature design by .Memories.
11-30-2012, 04:42 AM
(11-30-2012 04:31 AM)chommie Wrote:  While this may seem logical its a poor design decision. Never take the options out of my hands as a user(obviously there is always an exception to every rule.) I should be allowed to choose either.

Are you telling me it makes more sense for a user to have to interpet certain metrics like who he is matched against, their ranking, is the pairing truly a reflection of your performance or is it an amalgamation of performance and available players/opponents.

Way too many variables to use that as a gauge for progress. I just think its a weak justification for a poor design decision.

The real reason I'd imagine is to prevent players from being discouraged if they have more losses than wins and not for the reason Harti states. What Harti says is true, but that's not the main reason why the info is left out.

Either way though, I stated my thoughts above on why I think w/l should be included regardless - at least for masters and super-titan players if not for everyone.
11-30-2012, 04:53 AM
(11-30-2012 04:42 AM)ImperialSun Wrote:  
(11-30-2012 04:31 AM)chommie Wrote:  While this may seem logical...

The real reason I'd imagine is to prevent players from being discouraged if they have more losses than wins and not for the reason Harti states. What Harti says is true, but that's not the main reason why the info is left out.

Either way though, I stated my thoughts above on why I think w/l should be included regardless - at least for masters and super-titan players if not for everyone.

Yeah i was also addressing the issue of a player being discouraged. I agree with you. Maybe having it off by default(as it is now), but still allowing the user the ability to turn it on(full win loss record, maybe more metrics even).

How about this scenario. A player feels he/she is making no progress because he/she stays at the same ranking for a long time or slowly climbs. They may just give up because they think they just suck at the game. They have no point of reference in regards to their progress, or if they are even at a 50% win loss ratio(which would mean you are average) They are left with making an assumption as their only option.

My biggest complaint is that there is a ladder for competitive play and there is an option for casual play. Why treat the folks who play competitively with kid gloves?