Poll: Cap the amount of specials you can have out at once
Yes
No
[Show Results]
Note: This is a public poll, other users will be able to see what you voted for.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Still to easy to turtle
11-25-2012, 08:13 PM
RE: Still to easy to turtle
In my experience multiple mobis beat multiple bombshells. But sniper turtling is a problem, it has become even harder to attack an opponent's spawn point =(

Soldier spam FTW
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
11-25-2012, 08:16 PM
In my experience, even a single moi can beat 2 BS

11-26-2012, 04:00 AM
(11-25-2012 08:16 PM)Gfich Wrote:  In my experience, even a single moi can beat 2 BS

Please show me a replay!

I have a game started before update, he was p1 on peekaboo bottom line is I've killed over 10 bombshells (didn't count but guessing) he has approx 5 left, I have 3 mobis...I'm getting quite tired of this game however I refuse to giveup!
11-26-2012, 04:03 AM
Fudge, i may have lost that one.

11-26-2012, 04:08 AM
Can anyone share a replay of a sniper turtling, just wanna see how people structure it and see if there might be a downfall

1v1 Gifted Gifted League

GC: Buzzlebee123
11-26-2012, 05:08 AM
[Image: MaqrXl.jpg]

Mild sniper turtle? This game is ongoing.

GC: Great Wolf Sif
11-26-2012, 05:46 AM
I had trouble daily against BS turtling after update because the BS is the only unit that could literally gain wits. However, I find the best way to counter a BS with the new mechanics is to beat the crap out of it right away! BS cannot handle a swarm and you will have a wit advantage from killing units.
11-26-2012, 06:13 AM
(11-26-2012 05:46 AM)laYahooz Wrote:  I had trouble daily against BS turtling after update because the BS is the only unit that could literally gain wits. However, I find the best way to counter a BS with the new mechanics is to beat the crap out of it right away! BS cannot handle a swarm and you will have a wit advantage from killing units.

I agree best way to take him out is at the start, however it's a bit difficult on single spawn maps as you do not have enough units to take him out.
11-26-2012, 07:43 AM (This post was last modified: 11-26-2012 07:50 AM by Emuchu.)
(11-26-2012 05:46 AM)laYahooz Wrote:  I had trouble daily against BS turtling after update because the BS is the only unit that could literally gain wits. However, I find the best way to counter a BS with the new mechanics is to beat the crap out of it right away! BS cannot handle a swarm and you will have a wit advantage from killing units.

Remember: Running for you life is a valid, and often necessary strategy against Bombshells. It's foolish to leave your units there to die (and give your opponent free Wits), either back up your front line and plan for the coming Bombshell advance, attack in another direction to force the Bombshell to move, or grit your teeth and pound their front line with yours. Something Scallies don't want to do is chase around units, so it's a good tactic to dance around the range of their Bombshells, since they're counting on that splash damage.

Gamecenter: EmuchuSuper-Titan Top 200, #34
"How'd you fix it?"
"I just employed a blunt-impact mechanical stress routine."
"What?"
"I kicked it."
11-26-2012, 07:48 AM (This post was last modified: 11-26-2012 07:56 AM by laYahooz.)
(11-26-2012 07:43 AM)Emuchu Wrote:  

Remember: Running for you life is a valid, and often necessary strategy against Bombshells. It's foolish to leave your units there to die (and give your opponent free Wits), either back up your front line and plan for the coming Bombshell advance, attack in another direction to force the Bombshell to move, or grit your teeth and pound their front line with yours. At the very least, you want to do something unconventional to force the Scallies player to do something besides the same slow rush that they're used to.

Great point. Retreating is a viable tactic but like you said, your kind of screwed once your opponent gets about 3 bombshells so you definately want to take it out or fond some way to kill he base.
Ive had some success just sending 3-4 soldiers in right at the wall around the BS as it gains me some wits. This is early game bombshell spawn I'm talking about to btw.

(11-26-2012 06:13 AM)game_taker Wrote:  

I agree best way to take him out is at the start, however it's a bit difficult on single spawn maps as you do not have enough units to take him out.
On a single spawn map you should have a special of your own by the time the BS shells. You also should know where the common BS spots are, therefore it's not too bad always but yeah... Single spawn maps can be a bitch Wink
And when you do take it out your opponent usually will have a slight advantage. I would rather give my opponent a little big of a unit advantage rather than a snail in a OP position (referring to that spot on glitch).

Back on topic: I don't think it's easier to turtle because both players get their specials at the same time and Scallywag turtlers are REALLY predictable.