Poll: Cap the amount of specials you can have out at once
Yes
No
[Show Results]
Note: This is a public poll, other users will be able to see what you voted for.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Still to easy to turtle
11-25-2012, 03:25 PM
Still to easy to turtle
One special max per side please
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
11-25-2012, 03:28 PM
RE: Still to easy to turtle
can you explain. sorry, i dont get the poll

[Image: 9d7f96a4e69f9e49b3bcb2a9b2aa3267_zpsffc0a44c.jpg]
Anonymous Clan
GC: Pastil*
11-25-2012, 03:33 PM
For what purpose?

You don't know me? Let me introduce myself. I am Anonymous. Super-Titan May the wits ever favor you.
11-25-2012, 03:53 PM
To prevent people for getting 5 plus bombshells out which is almost unbeatable
11-25-2012, 03:56 PM
maybe 2 to 3

[Image: 9d7f96a4e69f9e49b3bcb2a9b2aa3267_zpsffc0a44c.jpg]
Anonymous Clan
GC: Pastil*
11-25-2012, 03:58 PM (This post was last modified: 11-25-2012 03:58 PM by joelduque.)
(11-25-2012 03:53 PM)Coolwhip18 Wrote:  To prevent people for getting 5 plus bombshells out which is almost unbeatable

If you allowed your opponent to get 5 BS, you should have a plan for building up yourself.

You don't know me? Let me introduce myself. I am Anonymous. Super-Titan May the wits ever favor you.
11-25-2012, 03:58 PM (This post was last modified: 11-25-2012 04:01 PM by Emuchu.)
(11-25-2012 03:53 PM)Coolwhip18 Wrote:  To prevent people for getting 5 plus bombshells out which is almost unbeatable

I say this all the time, and I'll stand by this statement: If you sit around and let a Scallywags player rack up nearly a half-dozen Bombshells, then you were out-played a long time ago. The thing people don't seem to get about the Scallywags is that they lack a quick and decisive "win condition". Mobi can jump ahead and spit out a Sniper, Scrambler can jump out and Scramble your Heavy, but what can a Bombshell do? That's right, slowly creep forward over the course of the next 20 turns. They're not all trying to be annoying, it's just that Scallys lack a fast way to claim victory.

This also means that some players don't know how to claim their victory, hence the five Bombshells and all the turtling until they're positive beyond a reasonable double that they can move forward and win.

Gamecenter: EmuchuSuper-Titan Top 200, #34
"How'd you fix it?"
"I just employed a blunt-impact mechanical stress routine."
"What?"
"I kicked it."
11-25-2012, 04:32 PM
Was gunna give my 2 cents, but it's been covered. ^^^what they said.
11-25-2012, 07:26 PM
I agree it's still very easy to turtle. With the new rules, if your attack doesn't crush your opponent immediately the retaliation will cost you so much that it's basically never a good idea to attack unless it's a game winning move.

I don't know if a special cap would be a good thing, where are you gonna draw the line? I think it would sacrifice many interesting strategies to get rid of the Bombshell walls, which I don't think is worth it. But I'd also like to point out, that BS is the only special that automatically wins you the game if you just have enough of them.

Rising Star Tournament for Fluffy, Clever and Gifted players - FINAL ROUND started!
11-25-2012, 07:39 PM
Eijolend, I agree but the new rules also can help that the initial push is more successful. you don't have to save as many wits as before just to make sure you have sufficient units that can make a kill on their own and some amount of wits - depending on the situation - available.

Thats the reason why I feel the sniper (beside the heavy) have gained significantly in their strategic importance.

Also we now have to deal with two forms of turtling. The conventional Scallywag bombshell turtling and the new Bramble+sniper turtling which I still have significant troubles to counter against a skillful player. but I feel that there are ways to deal with it I just have to learn how.

Conclusion: I don't think turtling is a strongly dominant winning strategy and therefore I don't think we need a new rule to prevent it. It is one strategy which can succeed just as there are other strategies and we need to learn how to deal with it and sometimes our opponent will just outwit us and be successful.

[Image: sig.png][Image: 2u7x1fb.jpg]
awesome signature design by .Memories.