Thread Rating:
  • 4 Vote(s) - 3.75 Average
Clan league!
12-03-2012, 07:47 AM
RE: Clan league!
Ya true dahsu. Or maybe if you put say a fluffy in your Lineup, you automatically start out .75 points ahead?

iPro
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
12-03-2012, 10:18 AM
(12-03-2012 07:47 AM)Mr.Banger Wrote:  Ya true dahsu. Or maybe if you put say a fluffy in your Lineup, you automatically start out .75 points ahead?

Well, then we hit the problem with lazy players. Say a player is in Clever, but belongs in Master, but he doesn't want to grind the several dozen games it would take to get there. The League wouldn't be a good representation of his skill.

Gamecenter: EmuchuSuper-Titan Top 200, #34
"How'd you fix it?"
"I just employed a blunt-impact mechanical stress routine."
"What?"
"I kicked it."
12-03-2012, 10:22 AM (This post was last modified: 12-03-2012 10:22 AM by alexjiang1.)
^ true, many players could just create an alternate account like Imperial Sun said, I like his A/B team idea and possibly clans w one (maybe 2) ST or less can have members on both A and B team

iPro Clan
12-04-2012, 12:54 AM
Participation in the appropriate "skill levels" would have to be honor-base in the fluffy-gifted. For example, if I'm not mistaken Szei is ranked gifted but spends most of his time playing friendlies with titans, so to put him into a gifted match would be dishonest. Similarly I could just make a new account and forfeit 5 placements to dominate a fluffy match. I think everyone will be honest and play right though, it's a good group of people in this community.

There's nothing wrong with using the honor code, and I'd love to see some clan competitions with games for each league, for members who are appropriately in those leagues. I think it's okay if certain clans just lose those games because they don't have any appropriate members to field them, or just don't participate in that type of competition.
12-04-2012, 03:33 AM
The way i had things in mind was to do Clan Tournaments next to the league, which can just go all-out.

With the clan League, I was hoping to create an oppertunity for players from all skill areas to compete.

12-04-2012, 03:47 AM
(12-04-2012 03:33 AM)Gfich Wrote:  The way i had things in mind was to do Clan Tournaments next to the league, which can just go all-out.

With the clan League, I was hoping to create an oppertunity for players from all skill areas to compete.

This sounds like a great way to go about it. Maybe some clans will play in the tourney but not the league or vice versa *shrug*
12-04-2012, 06:09 AM
In the very beginning, I had an idea to make a sort of betting system which would combine individual battles, tournaments and the League (It would be more for the heck of it, but whatever! Tongue)

12-08-2012, 05:31 AM
(12-04-2012 12:54 AM)aaronINdayton Wrote:  Participation in the appropriate "skill levels" would have to be honor-base in the fluffy-gifted. For example, if I'm not mistaken Szei is ranked gifted but spends most of his time playing friendlies with titans, so to put him into a gifted match would be dishonest. Similarly I could just make a new account and forfeit 5 placements to dominate a fluffy match. I think everyone will be honest and play right though, it's a good group of people in this community.

There's nothing wrong with using the honor code, and I'd love to see some clan competitions with games for each league, for members who are appropriately in those leagues. I think it's okay if certain clans just lose those games because they don't have any appropriate members to field them, or just don't participate in that type of competition.

You're right. I am in gifted and I was wondering if this would be an issue if league restrictions are created. I've played very few league games (I'm something like 40-2) so I'm in Gifted but I've played around 30-40 games against Super-Titans in friendlies (blueswimmer95, p1noyboypj, Harti!, Eijolend, Da Wizerd, QuantumApocalypse, etc) where I'm about 50:50 win/loss. Needless to say it would be cheating to put me in a Gifted match for clan league. Just something to keep in mind when restrictions are considered as I'm certainly not the only one in this situation. I don't know if Samura| has been promoted to ST yet, but he took down p1noyboypj and Harti! back when he was in Gifted.

I agree that in general we seem to have a good community here, and especially in the clan system where most players will know each other an honor system should be sufficient.

[Image: supertitanreplay.png]
12-08-2012, 06:09 AM
Bump Sad

12-08-2012, 11:15 AM
RE: Clash of Clans - Working Draft
Another idea: instead of using a middle man, each clan would use their leader. The leader of team 1 would announce publicly who they want in the first game. Leader of team 2 would then announce who they want playing against that person. Leader of team 2 would then announce who they want to play in game 2 and leader of team 1 would say who tey want playing that person. This way both leaders are equal in they both go first and second in the game-making process.

I think this method would be a little more interesting because the leaders have a little more control of the matchups. Some games could still be more points then others too.

College Basketball Tournament for Outwitters!

They call me the weed cutter, the cutie killer, the machine masher, the pirate pulverizer.

Outwitters Name: Coolio - da best