Thread Rating:
  • 12 Vote(s) - 4.25 Average
Outwitters Sports Network Revived!
01-17-2013, 10:17 PM
RE: Outwitters Sports Network Revived!
Well, I thought that Team 1 meant P1, isn't it obvious? ^^ why would P2 be considered team1?

You can ask a...
[Image: 6BmXQqC.jpg]
(drawing by Chemoeum)

[Image: sig.png]
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
01-17-2013, 11:19 PM
(01-17-2013 10:17 PM)W1cked21 Wrote:  Well, I thought that Team 1 meant P1, isn't it obvious? ^^ why would P2 be considered team1?

It's an in-game thing, Team 1 is always on the bottom or left side of the map... I think, and Team 2 is the other one. Either team can move first, that's random as far as I can tell.
01-18-2013, 01:32 AM
Oh, ok, didn't know that ^^'

You can ask a...
[Image: 6BmXQqC.jpg]
(drawing by Chemoeum)

01-18-2013, 02:14 AM
And it gets even crazier in 2v2 because any player can be randomly selected to go first no matter what position they are assigned to on the map or what team they are on. So the easiest way to show all information is to keep player's names listed in the map position order and then give an indication who actually was selected to go first.
01-18-2013, 04:36 AM
Congrats and thank you Harti and CodePenguin for putting your work together to make a fantastic replay system!

Top 200 peak ranking: #18 Super-Titan

I'm currently taking a competative break. Am up for friendlies and tournaments!

(06-09-2014 02:14 PM)Bbobb555 Wrote:  I looked it up, apparently a kendama is a yo-yo (!). How the heck do you have forums for yo-yos?
01-18-2013, 04:47 AM (This post was last modified: 01-18-2013 05:04 AM by Emuchu.)
Almost every move in the replay system has a distinct icon on the screen, so that you can tell at-a-glance what just happened at any point in a replay. Spawning doesn't have an icon, though, so if I missed the sprite popping up, I have to double back or look through the turns to know what happened. Can unit spawns have a circle around the recently-spawned unit?

EDIT: Or you could have the unit's outline glow or something, if you wanna get fancy.

Gamecenter: EmuchuSuper-Titan Top 200, #34
"How'd you fix it?"
"I just employed a blunt-impact mechanical stress routine."
"What?"
"I kicked it."
01-18-2013, 07:41 AM
OSN has been updated with the following change:
  • Added a circle around a recently-spawned unit [Requested by Emuchu]
01-18-2013, 09:09 AM
Thanks for the work you put in! 2 requests, 1. Could you maybe add in the different bases(don't necessarily have to if its too much work) and 2. Maybe display a unit count like either total units or how many of each a person has because when the game gets big, it's hard to keep track

iPro Clan
01-20-2013, 09:00 AM (This post was last modified: 01-20-2013 09:01 AM by CodePenguin.)
OSN has been updated with the following changes:
  • Player recent replays are now displayed directly on the player profile.
  • If a player is a member of a Clan, the clan logo will be displayed by their name on their profile.
  • Added Clans menu item that shows the current clans, members and recent replays.

Note: Clan leaders can PM me to get the information needed to update their clan info.
01-21-2013, 06:26 AM
I've got a little concern to raise:
Making team usage public could bias tournaments somehow because if you know your opponent's main team you can usually pick a counter against them. Of course this applies to both players, allowing for interesting mindgames, but it's something that shouldn't be around I guess.

Maybe the use of a real login and profiles could address this issue. First you register with an email address. Then you need to submit X replays of yourself with your nameless account to be allowed to claim the Game Center name (X >= 10). Logged in as that verified user you have access to "private" profile fields and you're free to make these public if you like.

Of course this requires a whole new user database table or two but maybe you'll eventually find the time. Smile

What I'd also like to request is team usage breakdowns grouped by leagues.

jesusfuentesh Wrote:  Harti is like the silent lion. He never says any word, but when so, he was just waiting for his victim haha