Thread Rating:
  • 12 Vote(s) - 4.25 Average
Outwitters Sports Network Revived!
02-05-2013, 11:23 PM
RE: Outwitters Sports Network Revived!
When viewing a replay, I get this error in Firefox:

There was an error parsing the JSONObject (loadSprite): TypeError: obj is null
NaN

Also, the map is completely messed up for the replay.

[Image: sig.png]
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
02-06-2013, 01:21 AM
Note: If you are experiencing problems with the Replay Viewer you might need to clear your cache. I updated the main image that handles the drawing and your browser may be caching the old copy.
02-06-2013, 01:49 AM
Oh No! Code Penguin, you broke your sprite loading. Check any replay in hte OSN and see the map full of wit tiles. Starting mobies, and snipers that can move 5 spaces.
02-06-2013, 02:25 AM
@PowerCrazy,

It is going to be your browser's cache not picking up the new sprite file. If you refresh a few times it should fix itself or you can clear your browser's cache. I've tested the new sprites on the following browsers and they all worked correctly:
  • Safari (iPod Touch, iPad2, Mac)
  • Chrome (Windows, Mac)
  • FireFox (Windows)
  • IE 9 (Windows)

If that still doesn't work, please use the Contact button on OSN and supply the browser you are using, operating system and an example replay link that doesn't work. Thanks
02-06-2013, 02:45 AM
Thanks! Clearing cache fixed the issue.

02-07-2013, 11:36 AM (This post was last modified: 02-07-2013 11:40 AM by 1ucky.)
Firstly, I'd like to thank you for this AMAZING tool. Quick question though. When I try to access it from my ipad, it crashes very often. It works on my iPhone, but even then it's pretty slow.

It's very fast on the computer, so I'm wondering if the slowness is just because I'm using a mobile device? I know mobile devices aren't as powerful as computers, but my iPhone has a pretty good processor whereas my laptop is pretty outdated. I'm wondering what accounts for the huge difference in speed?

Edit: The constant crashing might be because I didn't clear the cache. Just read your previous post. Cleared the cache and so far hasn't crashed Smile
02-07-2013, 11:44 AM
JavaScript relies more on your RAM than it uses your processor - that is, iDevices usually feature (much) less RAM than a usual desktop computer does.
Furthermore it is going to depend on the mobile browser you're using as JavaScript acts differently among them in terms of performance.

No matter how up-to-date your iDevice is, you will almost always recognize a lag when running JavaScript. OSN's scripts are - I would assume - more expensive (in terms of algorithms) than the average JavaScript, hence the crashes.

jesusfuentesh Wrote:  Harti is like the silent lion. He never says any word, but when so, he was just waiting for his victim haha

02-07-2013, 12:53 PM
Ah okay that makes a lot of sense, thanks!
If anyone here could tell me from personal experience which browser works best for them, it would be much appreciated. I'll play around with it too.
02-07-2013, 01:26 PM
I haven't tried it in anything else, but Chrome works well for me.

[Image: sig.png][Image: 2q2lq9y.jpg]
02-09-2013, 05:01 PM
Why isn't this stickied as an important thread?