Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Scramble vs Bramble
11-20-2012, 11:59 PM
RE: Scramble vs Bramble
In that case, if you scramble the parent barrier, the child barrier will still be there. Maybe just don't scramble a branch that is on your spawn point..
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
11-21-2012, 01:21 AM
(11-20-2012 05:44 PM)Random Task Wrote:  
(11-20-2012 01:05 PM)laYahooz Wrote:  Lol I think your referring to our game! outwitters://viewgame?id=ag5vdXR3aXR0ZXJzZ2FtZXIRCxIIR2FtZVJvb20Ys6b4AQw
I can see this being a major problem since bramble will attack the spawn a lot

Wow, i thought i know what the bramble is doing but i totally fail to understand what is goint on in this game. You scrambled a branch of the bramble, not the bramble itself, right? And then you can grow branches from the scrambled part?
Also, the bramble can grow so many branches in one turn....

Yeah it works just like bramble does once you convert his barriers. Seems a little OP to me but in our game it kind of worked to blckfaces disadvantage since his spawn was secured (though he won next turn Wink)
11-21-2012, 02:36 AM
At first it seemed like a mistake that your spawn would be locked up like that, but on second thought, it was probably thought out. The scrambler would seem to be incredibly OP vs Bramble without some drawbacks like that. If you use Feedback, you essentially have 2 supers, since changing a baby bramble gives you the power of a full bramble. It's actually better than a full bramble since there's no way for your opponent to take our all of the children with one hit. At least, I think that's right. If bramble dies, all children die. If a child dies, only it's children die. Is that right? We need a new word other than children. Starting to creep me out. Lol.
11-21-2012, 03:05 AM
(11-20-2012 09:31 PM)Harti Wrote:  That being said, I've been struggling on the beta forums to get a "recede" option for spawned Barriers. So as you could proceed with your units whose paths you've locked three turns ago, for instance. However, that didn't make it to any beta or public release, I don't see how.

This is my thoughts as well. Being able to unroot a barrier and its children seems like a natural thing to do and I'm surprised you can't. Only reason I can see why they didn't include it is if they wanted to nerf the bramble. But it doesn't feel overpowered...

What is the feeling of the relative power between the bramble and the other specials on the beta forums?

Soldier spam FTW
11-21-2012, 03:41 AM
(11-21-2012 02:36 AM)worldfamous Wrote:  At first it seemed like a mistake that your spawn would be locked up like that, but on second thought, it was probably thought out. The scrambler would seem to be incredibly OP vs Bramble without some drawbacks like that. If you use Feedback, you essentially have 2 supers, since changing a baby bramble gives you the power of a full bramble. It's actually better than a full bramble since there's no way for your opponent to take our all of the children with one hit. At least, I think that's right. If bramble dies, all children die. If a child dies, only it's children die. Is that right? We need a new word other than children. Starting to creep me out. Lol.

Call them branches.

11-21-2012, 04:01 AM
(11-21-2012 03:05 AM)Alvendor Wrote:  Only reason I can see why they didn't include it is if they wanted to nerf the bramble. But it doesn't feel overpowered...

It is an intentional nerf, since you can spawn as many patches as you like. You just have to be careful where you put them. Only way to erase what you've done is to uproot or die.

The alternative we were kicking around was to limit the number of patches, but allow dismissal for the price of 1 wit. We opted for no limit, since it allows for some craziness and keeps the UI cleaner.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
11-21-2012, 04:15 AM
(11-21-2012 04:01 AM)oneadamleft Wrote:  
(11-21-2012 03:05 AM)Alvendor Wrote:  Only reason I can see why they didn't include it is if they wanted to nerf the bramble. But it doesn't feel overpowered...

It is an intentional nerf, since you can spawn as many patches as you like. You just have to be careful where you put them. Only way to erase what you've done is to uproot or die.

The alternative we were kicking around was to limit the number of patches, but allow dismissal for the price of 1 wit. We opted for no limit, since it allows for some craziness and keeps the UI cleaner.

Sounds reasonable. And if it turns out it is underpowered you have an easy fix!

Soldier spam FTW
11-23-2012, 01:16 PM
(11-21-2012 02:36 AM)worldfamous Wrote:  If you use Feedback, you essentially have 2 supers, since changing a baby bramble gives you the power of a full bramble. It's actually better than a full bramble since there's no way for your opponent to take our all of the children with one hit.

Correct me if I'm wrong but if you kill the scrambled branch then all other branches created by it will also be destroyed, so you can kill all branches with one hit. Of course this assumes your opponent doesn't scramble another branch and use that one to spread to.
11-23-2012, 07:24 PM (This post was last modified: 11-23-2012 07:24 PM by joelduque.)
This is regarding scrambling a thorn...I suggest all units have an auto-destroy button with confirmation at the cost of 1 wit. This is especially helpful if a player is running out of space and trying to reposition their units. As for thorns, unrooting them will kill them and all thorns down their lineage at no wit cost (for free). BS should also have confirmation for shelling and unshelling.

You don't know me? Let me introduce myself. I am Anonymous. Super-Titan May the wits ever favor you.
11-27-2012, 12:10 AM (This post was last modified: 11-27-2012 12:11 AM by bxk.)
Inspired by the game posted earlier in this topic, consider the following happens. Brambler roots itself and creates a lot of barriers/children. Then scrambler takes over one of the children/barriers. Subsequently this captured barrier can then grow by himself, the player with the scrambler has 2 special units now.

The thing is. The captured barrier is actually a child of both players now. It has been created by P1, and thus a child of bramble, but it is currently a unit of P2, because it was captured.

The question is now. If bramble unroots. What happens?? As it is a child of bramble it should die, because if bramble dies/unroots, it's children are dead too right? So, the captured barrier would then be dead too and P1 has a certain control over the captured and subsequently created barriers of P2.

Can somebody tell me if this is true?

If it is. It's not such a big problem if a barrier is scrambled because the original bramble can then resolve the issue by unrooting.