Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Update-bombshells becoming OP
11-20-2012, 11:41 AM
Update-bombshells becoming OP
Congrats on getting the new version out! However, I think the bombshells for scallywags are really just too good now. I mean, firing a shell can effectively give you more wits than it cost to shoot? Come on... that's not fair.

Also, I wasn't aware that mobis not showing up when being used in the fog of war was a "bug". It kinda makes it more tactical Big Grin

You think only Adorables use snipers on SFI?
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
11-20-2012, 11:49 AM
RE: Update-bombshells becoming OP
(11-20-2012 11:41 AM)daHsu Wrote:  Congrats on getting the new version out! However, I think the bombshells for scallywags are really just too good now. I mean, firing a shell can effectively give you more wits than it cost to shoot? Come on... that's not fair.

Also, I wasn't aware that mobis not showing up when being used in the fog of war was a "bug". It kinda makes it more tactical Big Grin

I think it's common knowledge, by now, that you shouldn't be leaving more than a single unit within Bombshell's splash range. Sometimes you just have to bite the Wits and back your line up. I'm not sold on the +1 Wit/Kill change yet, either, but it's way to early to call it overpowered. It's going to take some time before people start respecting the Bombshell's potential power and properly learn to ambush it.

As for Mystery Mobi being revealed, it was a necessary change to prevent a lot of confusion among newer players. I've seen quite a few posts, especially in the "report on cheating" thread, which erroneously believe that Mobi's teleportation shenanigans are a form of cheating that gives the same unit three moves in a turn. Besides, anyone who knows better can already tell where your Mobi is from watching the replay.

Gamecenter: EmuchuSuper-Titan Top 200, #34
"How'd you fix it?"
"I just employed a blunt-impact mechanical stress routine."
"What?"
"I kicked it."
11-20-2012, 04:55 PM
(11-20-2012 11:41 AM)daHsu Wrote:  Also, I wasn't aware that mobis not showing up when being used in the fog of war was a "bug". It kinda makes it more tactical Big Grin

You used to be able to see the unit return to where the mobi was anyway, so if you were an experienced player you knew exactly where the mobi was already.
11-20-2012, 07:07 PM
I think Bombshell is more disadvantaged with the new rule. Now it is easier to launch an offensive on the opponent to take down the bombshell, sometimes you just need enough wits to get it done. Moving and attacking two soldiers now costs 3 wits instead of 4, so with the right setup it can be done.
11-20-2012, 09:11 PM
Everybody in this thread has a point and I do agree with the fact that there's a slight advantage TO turtlers as opposed to the official OML statement that it's going to help AGAINST turtling.

Either way, the rule will break some more of your playing style, so brace yourselves. Big Grin
It's enjoyable though.

jesusfuentesh Wrote:  Harti is like the silent lion. He never says any word, but when so, he was just waiting for his victim haha

[Image: sig.png]
11-21-2012, 03:26 AM (This post was last modified: 11-21-2012 03:29 AM by Alvendor.)
Could it just be that runners are worthless to attack with now and ppl have not adjusted?

*Edit* that you can't use runners as much probably have something to do with it even if you adjust correctly. Harassing wit spaces profitable is not as easy anymore as you can't use runners as much..

Soldier spam FTW
11-21-2012, 04:07 AM
We do have our eye on special unit winrates. We're going to let the update play out for a bit and see what, if anything changes.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
11-21-2012, 02:28 PM
(11-21-2012 04:07 AM)oneadamleft Wrote:  We do have our eye on special unit winrates. We're going to let the update play out for a bit and see what, if anything changes.

Haha if you do you'd probably see a lot of losses in the veggienauts... people (at least my opponents) simply aren't catching on to the uses of the brambler fast enough.

Although it's good that you're looking at the win rates! You devs are great. Bombshells seem just as annoying as ever; gonna try scrambling as many as possible Wink

You think only Adorables use snipers on SFI?
11-23-2012, 09:41 AM
(11-21-2012 02:28 PM)daHsu Wrote:  
(11-21-2012 04:07 AM)oneadamleft Wrote:  We do have our eye on special unit winrates. We're going to let the update play out for a bit and see what, if anything changes.

Haha if you do you'd probably see a lot of losses in the veggienauts... people (at least my opponents) simply aren't catching on to the uses of the brambler fast enough.

My problem with veggienauts is finding a good opportunity to spawn bramble. So far I have only used him 3 times. Once was against a new player...so lets not count it. The second I got him 2 early and lost badly. Third is still playing out.

I feel the new +1 wit has cause every1 to be a lot more offensive and as such its hard to find a good moment to spawn him.

In addition I'm predicting more scrambler wins.
11-23-2012, 02:05 PM
(11-23-2012 09:41 AM)game_taker Wrote:  My problem with veggienauts is finding a good opportunity to spawn bramble. So far I have only used him 3 times. Once was against a new player...so lets not count it. The second I got him 2 early and lost badly. Third is still playing out.

I feel the new +1 wit has cause every1 to be a lot more offensive and as such its hard to find a good moment to spawn him.

This is my initial impression as well. When you spawn a BS, scramble, or mobi, you could easily use the unit the very next turn (even the same turn) for some purpose. I doubt that is the case with the bramble. I think you need a bunch of wits to make it effective (so you can spawn a whole lot of branches), but then this would take you a few more turns than it would any of the other specials.