Thread Rating:
  • 6 Vote(s) - 3.83 Average
Last post wins.
10-12-2014, 02:28 PM
RE: Last post wins.
I took physics in Eighth grade (Capitalize Eight to show respect to the book character. And me.) as part of a "Physical Science" class: chemistry, physics, etc.

My teacher looked like a moose.

And also I probably learned more about his swimming and diving teams than science.

This is what he is like.

"Hello class!! Today we are taking notes on elements!!!! (I pull out paper) The first element is Hydrogen...............the 16th is Chlorine!! They put Chlorine in swimming pools!! I was at LG High School to coach diving and they put too much chlorine in the swimming pool. One of my swimmers, Kelvin, had to shower. Kelvin is really cool!! He does all this cool stuff!! (Lists for a half hour)"

Once a Wolfpack, always a Wolfpack
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
10-13-2014, 03:02 AM
(10-12-2014 02:28 PM)LegacyofEight Wrote:  I took physics in Eighth grade (Capitalize Eight to show respect to the book character. And me.) as part of a "Physical Science" class: chemistry, physics, etc.

And also I probably learned more about his swimming and diving teams than science.

This is what he is like.

"Hello class!! Today we are taking notes on elements!!!! (I pull out paper) The first element is Hydrogen...............the 16th is Chlorine!! They put Chlorine in swimming pools!! I was at LG High School to coach diving and they put too much chlorine in the swimming pool. One of my swimmers, Kelvin, had to shower. Kelvin is really cool!! He does all this cool stuff!! (Lists for a half hour)"

That's standard curriculum right?
Anyways, the stuff they teach in 8th grade is really dumb. Wait until 11th grade, when you do real physics.

RIP, these forums

Lost the game
LegacyofFive the goat

[Image: sig.png]
Find all posts by this user
10-13-2014, 03:47 AM
I have one 12-tooth gear hooked to a 30-tooth gear. The 12-tooth is the driving gear.

What calculations would you want to make about this?

I am GameCenter's Chemoeum.

RIP, DL banner.

Explosions.

Go here!
10-13-2014, 04:04 AM (This post was last modified: 10-13-2014 04:05 AM by Flarp55.)
(10-13-2014 03:47 AM)Chemoeum Wrote:  I have one 12-tooth gear hooked to a 30-tooth gear. The 12-tooth is the driving gear.

The 30-tooth gear revolves 2/5 times as fast as the 12-tooth gear. The IMA is 5/2

I hate decimals. As a general principle, improper fractions are better to work with.

RIP, these forums

Lost the game
LegacyofFive the goat

10-13-2014, 06:50 AM
Banned for using improper fractions. Oh wait...

RIP, DL banner.

Explosions.

Go here!
10-13-2014, 07:56 AM
(10-13-2014 04:04 AM)Flarp55 Wrote:  
(10-13-2014 03:47 AM)Chemoeum Wrote:  I have one 12-tooth gear hooked to a 30-tooth gear. The 12-tooth is the driving gear.

The 30-tooth gear revolves 2/5 times as fast as the 12-tooth gear. The IMA is 5/2

I hate decimals. As a general principle, improper fractions are better to work with.

Agreed. Also degrees suck, I prefer radians.

GCID: FrozenNorthernKid
1v1, 2v2 w/baustin42, w/spacechef Gifted League
2v2 random, w/ Extreme Ghost, w/ izzilla Master League
------------------------------------------------
"So it goes." - Kurt Vonnegut, 'Slaughterhouse Five'
10-13-2014, 09:06 AM
(10-13-2014 07:56 AM)Demon Wrote:  
(10-13-2014 04:04 AM)Flarp55 Wrote:  

Agreed. Also degrees suck, I prefer radians.

Definitely. Especially when you get to calculus. Imagine trying to take the 2nd derivative of sin x in degrees.

RIP, these forums

Lost the game
LegacyofFive the goat

10-13-2014, 09:21 AM
I'm a little dumb for this. Tongue

RIP, DL banner.

Explosions.

Go here!
10-13-2014, 08:31 PM (This post was last modified: 10-13-2014 08:32 PM by Apple.)
(10-13-2014 03:02 AM)Flarp55 Wrote:  
(10-12-2014 02:28 PM)LegacyofEight Wrote:  I took physics in Eighth grade (Capitalize Eight to show respect to the book character. And me.) as part of a "Physical Science" class: chemistry, physics, etc.

This is what he is like.

That's standard curriculum right?
Anyways, the stuff they teach in 8th grade is really dumb. Wait until 11th grade, when you do real physics.

I once had a chemistry teacher called Mr. Man. He was like this:
"Today we're going to be taking notes on elements, compounds, and mixtures. Who thinks they know what an element is?
"An element is a pure substance."
"Hmm... Aha! Like pure honey! I liiiiiike pure honey!"
Then...
"Chemistry is about substances. Who thinks they know what a substance is?"
"A substance is something eh... physical?"
"Aaaaahhh... like s**? Now why did you bring that up?"
"I didn't! You did!"
"Noooo, yoooou did! You saiiiid... Something physical!"
Then...
"A substance is a thing!"
(Everyone rolls there eyes)
Then...
"Who can tell me what a mixture is? Well, it's like... Taiwanese cooking oil! Do you even know what they put in it? It's actually called "gutter oil". "
And thats just the second day of school... Sad

1v1: Gifted
2v2: Clever
2v2 with Po0r Yorick: Master League
2v2 with cosh2000, Willey34, Godfreykfho:Fluffy
Gamecenter:Apple 9763
10-14-2014, 02:32 AM
Decimals are better.

[Image: 257k5t3.jpg][Image: 33mq0s8.jpg]
If you don't get my jokes, it's because of Postmodernism.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user