Thread Rating:
  • 6 Vote(s) - 4 Average
The Super-Duper-Titan Tournament! (Season 1) - Round 1.5
12-09-2012, 08:03 AM
RE: The Super-Duper-Titan Tournament! (Season 1) - Round 1!
are there reserve players in case a player dosent show up ? i dosent seem i'll be able to locate my opponent unless he loggs on (which he hasent did since he signed up)
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
12-10-2012, 01:29 AM
Can someone please clarify my question. So how is the p1 and p2 decided ?
12-10-2012, 02:27 AM
@pokhs On our signup list, somewhere on page 5, we have TheBitPilot and Necrocat219 as reserves.

@jacs9 For this round, the lower ranked player may choose between being P1 or picking a map (in your case, that would be you!)

12-10-2012, 03:10 AM (This post was last modified: 12-10-2012 03:12 AM by Harti.)
There appears to be an issue about the system though, I just so realized that.
I wondered that, albeit him leaving a post in this thread, why my opponent didn't create a game against me during my announced absence. I pondered about it a little and went like "yeah it could well be that he read my post and wants that I create the game first". Then I pondered a little more and came to an actual strategical advantage he's going to have from that. Because that would mean that my opponent can join that game I create first, peek what race I'm choosing, and create the other game with a counter to that. Not submitting the first game I created unless I take a turn on game 2 so that I still can't see the race.

Dunno if I explained it correctly but yeah, I'm actually quite hesitant to create a game under these circumstances...

jesusfuentesh Wrote:  Harti is like the silent lion. He never says any word, but when so, he was just waiting for his victim haha

[Image: sig.png]
12-10-2012, 03:25 AM
ok I'll play Thebitpilot in glitch as a reserve game just in case and until u decide how to proceed cause no sign of life from my initial opponent.
12-10-2012, 03:40 AM
(12-10-2012 03:10 AM)Harti Wrote:  There appears to be an issue about the system though, I just so realized that.
I wondered that, albeit him leaving a post in this thread, why my opponent didn't create a game against me during my announced absence. I pondered about it a little and went like "yeah it could well be that he read my post and wants that I create the game first". Then I pondered a little more and came to an actual strategical advantage he's going to have from that. Because that would mean that my opponent can join that game I create first, peek what race I'm choosing, and create the other game with a counter to that. Not submitting the first game I created unless I take a turn on game 2 so that I still can't see the race.

Dunno if I explained it correctly but yeah, I'm actually quite hesitant to create a game under these circumstances...

You think too much, lol. I've been busy this weekend, doesn't make a difference to me what race you pick

Da Wizerd - Super-Titan
12-10-2012, 03:43 AM
Haha I became skeptical!
Aight I'm gonna go ahead and start it in a few. Smile

jesusfuentesh Wrote:  Harti is like the silent lion. He never says any word, but when so, he was just waiting for his victim haha

[Image: sig.png]
12-10-2012, 02:07 PM
So if I picked a map, does that mean he will be p1? Sorry for asking so much. Haha. Just want to be sure.
12-10-2012, 02:30 PM (This post was last modified: 12-10-2012 02:31 PM by CombatEX.)
(12-10-2012 02:07 PM)Jacs9 Wrote:  So if I picked a map, does that mean he will be p1? Sorry for asking so much. Haha. Just want to be sure.

I think it means if you pick the map, your opponent gets to choose between P1 or P2. Alternatively, you can pick if you want to be P1 or P2, but then your opponent gets to pick the map. At least, this is how I envisioned it.

[Image: supertitanreplay.png]
12-11-2012, 02:02 AM
That's basically the idea. What map did you pick?