Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Current Matches Question
11-11-2012, 03:16 AM
RE: Current Matches Question
(11-10-2012 08:56 PM)Random Task Wrote:  well, it would be great if OML could comment on if and how the changes will affect running games. so that we don't have to speculate...

That would be nice, but I'm 99% certain that Quantum is right. That's the way every game I've ever played works. If there's a change, it will affect current games and most likely they will force you to update before taking any turns.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
11-11-2012, 03:22 AM
It think it should only affect games started or those matched after the update. You know, I already made up my strategies for my ongoing games with the old system...

You don't know me? Let me introduce myself. I am Anonymous. Super-Titan May the wits ever favor you.
11-11-2012, 07:38 AM
I hope the cancel all active games rather than apply the +1 wit change to them
11-11-2012, 08:03 AM
(11-11-2012 07:38 AM)blckace Wrote:  I hope the cancel all active games rather than apply the +1 wit change to them

If they do they better not announce it or anyone losing can just stop playing and wait for the update, especially with the timer reset bug. That would really suck to be dominating in 3 or 4 games only to have them cancelled.
11-11-2012, 08:10 AM
This is what's happening right now, people are stalling specially with the timer resetting, it probably means whoever turn it is when the patch gets released will have a big advantage. I've decided not to start any new games as well to avoid a messy transition.
11-11-2012, 09:05 AM
(11-11-2012 03:22 AM)joelduque Wrote:  It think it should only affect games started or those matched after the update. You know, I already made up my strategies for my ongoing games with the old system...

I completely see your point, but this would confuse me so much, lol. I would have a horrible time trying to keep track of which game was using which system. And considering how many games with inactive players I have right now, and with the game timer resetting so they don't time out, finishing all my old games before starting any new ones on the new system would take forever.
11-11-2012, 06:26 PM
(11-11-2012 07:38 AM)blckace Wrote:  I hope the cancel all active games rather than apply the +1 wit change to them

Yes, drop all unfinished games. Harsh but with justice.

You don't know me? Let me introduce myself. I am Anonymous. Super-Titan May the wits ever favor you.
11-11-2012, 08:36 PM
You are all assuming that the wit for kill change will be brought into existing games. Have OML indicated that this will be the case? They could just as well implement it only for new games, which would make more sense in my opinion.

[Image: sig.png][Image: 2u7x1fb.jpg]
awesome signature design by .Memories.
11-12-2012, 02:45 AM
I think this discussion might be causing my opponents to stall when I just want to get the games out if the way

Top 200 peak ranking: #18 Super-Titan

I'm currently taking a competative break. Am up for friendlies and tournaments!

(06-09-2014 02:14 PM)Bbobb555 Wrote:  I looked it up, apparently a kendama is a yo-yo (!). How the heck do you have forums for yo-yos?
11-12-2012, 03:26 AM
(11-12-2012 02:45 AM)Necrocat219 Wrote:  I think this discussion might be causing my opponents to stall when I just want to get the games out if the way

Me too. I shouldn't have said anything.

GC: Great Wolf Sif