Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Current Matches Question
11-10-2012, 06:15 AM
Current Matches Question
When the update is released, what will happen to the current matches? Will they continue under the same rules or switch to the 1+ wit kill thing?

GC: Great Wolf Sif
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
11-10-2012, 06:21 AM
RE: Current Matches Question
(11-10-2012 06:15 AM)SerPurpleWolf Wrote:  When the update is released, what will happen to the current matches? Will they continue under the same rules or switch to the 1+ wit kill thing?

I can't imagine OML stealth-patching the new ruleset into current games, especially since they have no control over who is currently going first. It could be a game-breaking change for whoever is moving to suddenly have a handful of extra Wits available!
11-10-2012, 06:25 AM
In general, i suggest to avoid having games running on the 15th (when the patch comes out).

11-10-2012, 06:31 AM
(11-10-2012 06:21 AM)Emuchu Wrote:  
(11-10-2012 06:15 AM)SerPurpleWolf Wrote:  When the update is released, what will happen to the current matches? Will they continue under the same rules or switch to the 1+ wit kill thing?

I can't imagine OML stealth-patching the new ruleset into current games, especially since they have no control over who is currently going first. It could be a game-breaking change for whoever is moving to suddenly have a handful of extra Wits available!

If the +1 rule gets implemented halfway through a game I can only imagine it takes effect for any current kills rather than past ones in the game

Top 200 peak ranking: #18 Super-Titan

I'm currently taking a competative break. Am up for friendlies and tournaments!

(06-09-2014 02:14 PM)Bbobb555 Wrote:  I looked it up, apparently a kendama is a yo-yo (!). How the heck do you have forums for yo-yos?
11-10-2012, 07:24 AM (This post was last modified: 11-10-2012 07:26 AM by Emuchu.)
(11-10-2012 06:31 AM)Necrocat219 Wrote:  If the +1 rule gets implemented halfway through a game I can only imagine it takes effect for any current kills rather than past ones in the game

I guess I wasn't clear enough; I didn't mean to say previous kills would exchange to Wits immediately (can you imaging a Turn-100 turtle war suddenly landing 30 Wits? Hilarious!), I meant to say that if the +1 rule gets implemented halfway through a game, then whoever is playing will potentially have extra Wits available if he was planning for an attack, or a defender will have more Wits to counter-attack. It would be muddling up the stuff high-level players plan for.

I think OML will probably just patch it into new games like they did for the Foundry fix.
11-10-2012, 09:48 AM
I'm sure they'll games will be "grandfathered" in or something like that. Good question though
11-10-2012, 09:59 AM
As Necrocat said, the rule will be implemented as the players upgrade the app, as the mechanic is a local one which affects the data sent off to the server.

Past kills will not count into your wit count, nor will you receive 3 extra wits in the middle of a current match as P2.

Only kills from the point of update will grant wits, and similarly only matches created from the point of update will have 8 wits for player 2.
11-10-2012, 06:30 PM
(11-10-2012 09:59 AM)QuantumApocalypse Wrote:  As Necrocat said, the rule will be implemented as the players upgrade the app, as the mechanic is a local one which affects the data sent off to the server.

Past kills will not count into your wit count, nor will you receive 3 extra wits in the middle of a current match as P2.

Only kills from the point of update will grant wits, and similarly only matches created from the point of update will have 8 wits for player 2.

So... in other words, finish all our games quick to avoid unexpected surprises in the near future?
11-10-2012, 07:06 PM
(11-10-2012 06:30 PM)Emuchu Wrote:  
(11-10-2012 09:59 AM)QuantumApocalypse Wrote:  As Necrocat said, the rule will be implemented as the players upgrade the app, as the mechanic is a local one which affects the data sent off to the server.

So... in other words, finish all our games quick to avoid unexpected surprises in the near future?
Either that, or you can bank up wits and leave it on your turn until the update, where you get a nice big attack. But remember that counterattacks can be just as devastating, so you would want to consider whether you are in a winning or losing position before doing so.

If you want there to be level battleground, try to finish off your turns in league matches, and possibly dwindle around friendly matches until the update hits.
11-10-2012, 08:56 PM
well, it would be great if OML could comment on if and how the changes will affect running games. so that we don't have to speculate...

[Image: sig.png][Image: 2u7x1fb.jpg]
awesome signature design by .Memories.