Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Introduction (New forum members)
11-01-2012, 04:37 AM
RE: Introduction (New forum members)
(10-30-2012 02:54 AM)TheQwertiest Wrote:  So your name is Eijolend? Big Grin
No Tongue, but you know Austria is a small place and if I add an uncommon name and a location you would probably be able to uniquely identify me - and I really don't like that on a public forum, that shows up on a google search. Wink

(10-30-2012 04:42 AM)CombatEX Wrote:  Interesting. I can't believe I've played so many games with you and didn't really know anything about you... but we actually have quite a bit in common (I'm Szei btw but on the forums I use this account).

I'm 20 and currently studying Physics at UC Berkeley. Besides Physics classes I'm mostly taking Korean (language and culture) and hope to move their for an extended period. As for videogames I have a pretty broad taste. Currently my strategy games are Outwitters and Starcraft 2. Though, I haven't had much free time recently so mostly I've just been playing Outwitters. Other games I've enjoyed in the past month are WipEout HD/2048, Zero Escape: Virtue's Last Reward, and XCOM. Outside of videogames I mostly play basketball since that's what most of my friends are into, though personally my favorite sports are actually tennis, ping-pong, and badminton.
Wow, that's a remarkable coincidence! Didn't know that was your forum account, but don't you also have a "Szei"-account on these forums?
I used to play SC2 a lot when it came out (made it to high platinum *cheer*), but I took a long break and I don't feel like spending a lot of time to get the mechanics down again. Maybe with HotS...

Rising Star Tournament for Fluffy, Clever and Gifted players - FINAL ROUND started!
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
11-01-2012, 05:29 AM
I just casually play SC II with a friend every Saturday. We're hoping to get out of Bronze 2v2 shortly. Tongue

I AM THE 99.9997%!

[Image: sig.png]
11-03-2012, 03:55 AM (This post was last modified: 11-03-2012 03:58 AM by CombatEX.)
(11-01-2012 04:37 AM)Eijolend Wrote:  Wow, that's a remarkable coincidence! Didn't know that was your forum account, but don't you also have a "Szei"-account on these forums?
I used to play SC2 a lot when it came out (made it to high platinum *cheer*), but I took a long break and I don't feel like spending a lot of time to get the mechanics down again. Maybe with HotS...

Yea, Blizzard is making a ton of improvements in HotS. I haven't been playing much SC2 recently, but I got into the beta so I've had a look at the new interface, features, units, etc. Tons of great additions, but I haven't played 1s for a long time and like you, I'm not sure I want to try to get back into them >.< Mostly I just play 2v2 with one of my friends. Maybe when cross-region play comes out in HotS we can do some 2v2 games =)

As for my forum account, yes I do have another one (Szei). The story behind that is Szei was my original account while CombatEX was my roommate's account (incidentally, Szei is my SC2 account too). My roommate lost interest in Outwitters because he wanted to compete on our SC2 university team in the CSL. Anyway, I decided to switch to using his account "CombatEX". You'll notice that on Szei I stopped posting right around when CombatEX suddenly got much more active. After a long gap I started posting with Szei again for the World Cup thread to avoid confusion with my opponents. Other than that this is the forum account I have been using since 7/16 (stopped using Szei on 7/10 until 8/30 when I signed up for the World Cup).

[Image: supertitanreplay.png]
11-05-2012, 03:50 PM (This post was last modified: 11-05-2012 03:51 PM by Promicide.)
(11-03-2012 03:55 AM)CombatEX Wrote:  
(11-01-2012 04:37 AM)Eijolend Wrote:  Wow, that's a remarkable coincidence! Didn't know that was your forum account, but don't you also have a "Szei"-account on these forums?

Yea, Blizzard is making a ton of improvements in HotS. I haven't been playing much SC2 recently, but I got into the beta so I've had a look at the new interface, features, units, etc. Tons of great additions, but I haven't played 1s for a long time and like you, I'm not sure I want to try to get back into them >.< Mostly I just play 2v2 with one of my friends. Maybe when cross-region play comes out in HotS we can do some 2v2 games =)

As for my forum account, yes I do have another one (Szei). The story behind that is Szei was my original account while CombatEX was my roommate's account (incidentally, Szei is my SC2 account too). My roommate lost interest in Outwitters because he wanted to compete on our SC2 university team in the CSL. Anyway, I decided to switch to using his account "CombatEX". You'll notice that on Szei I stopped posting right around when CombatEX suddenly got much more active. After a long gap I started posting with Szei again for the World Cup thread to avoid confusion with my opponents. Other than that this is the forum account I have been using since 7/16 (stopped using Szei on 7/10 until 8/30 when I signed up for the World Cup).

I like the name CombatEX better, no offense Smile it just sounds cool and rolls of the tongue with ease.

*Edit: might I add it is one of the coolest and more recognizable names on this forum.
11-06-2012, 06:31 PM (This post was last modified: 11-06-2012 06:31 PM by Szei.)
Yea, no offense taken. ^^ I've found that no one knows how to pronounce 'Szei' >.<

Well, until I tell them anyway. It's based on the last name 'Sze' which is pronounced like 'C' 'see' 'sea'. Most online accounts/games require at least 4 letters though so I extended it to 'Szei'. I've always liked unusual dual consonants and I wanted a unique name that was short. Best way to do this? Use an uncommon consonant pair like 'sz' (well for English anyway though I know 'sz' actually isn't so uncommon in other languages*).

*For example, Polish. The protagonist in one of my favorite movies is a Polish musician with the last name Szpilman and I have a friend who is a fan of the Polish violinist Henryk Szeryng.
11-06-2012, 10:28 PM
If i'm correct, the correct pronouncation is 'sea-ai'? I always pronounced it as 'sea-tsai'...

By the way, in Dutch, there are also words with a sz, although that is just pronounced as a s (in your case, 'sai'). It is nevertheless not that common, and are mainly a side effect of word compositions, which are always a single word ('enig-s-zins').

11-07-2012, 01:40 AM
I've actually never met anyone else with the last name Sze so my only experience with the pronunciation is in my own case. The normal pronunciation may be as you say, however for me Sze isn't my given last name, it's a romanization of how my last name sounds but put into Chinese. My given last name is quite long but I'm half Chinese so when I was born I was also given a Chinese name. Instead of directly translating my English name, they just took the first sound and made that my last name. Later this was romanized to Sze, though using traditional pinyin conventions may yield something else. The people who chose the name are native Chinese and never learned pinyin.

[Image: supertitanreplay.png]
11-10-2012, 08:46 AM
Hi!
My name is Mitch, I live in PA, USA. I'm a senior in high school. I basically waste 99% of my life on my Xbox. At least, the free time I have after I'm done doing homework for my 4 AP classes. [I know I'm a tryhard] I'm also an achievement hunter, 44,000 gamerscore and counting. I really love playing outwitters except my biggest issue is that I'm stuck in gifted. :/
Probably because I play for fun and don't really care too much if I lose. Every match I play I cycle through the adorable and feedback races. Except when bramble comes ill probably play him conitunously for a while. I don't like being Scallywags or playing against them because they are a little OP. I usually whip them out when I'm on a losing streak Tongue

Well, my pizza rolls are done. Mmmmmmm yum

GC: Great Wolf Sif
11-10-2012, 09:39 AM
(11-10-2012 08:46 AM)SerPurpleWolf Wrote:  Hi!
My name is Mitch, I live in PA, USA. I'm a senior in high school. I basically waste 99% of my life on my Xbox. At least, the free time I have after I'm done doing homework for my 4 AP classes. [I know I'm a tryhard] I'm also an achievement hunter, 44,000 gamerscore and counting. I really love playing outwitters except my biggest issue is that I'm stuck in gifted. :/
Probably because I play for fun and don't really care too much if I lose. Every match I play I cycle through the adorable and feedback races. Except when bramble comes ill probably play him conitunously for a while. I don't like being Scallywags or playing against them because they are a little OP. I usually whip them out when I'm on a losing streak Tongue

Well, my pizza rolls are done. Mmmmmmm yum

I grew up in PA, and it still my "state of residence" (when you file taxes and shit). Northeastern PA represent !
11-12-2012, 02:57 PM (This post was last modified: 11-12-2012 02:59 PM by Fluffysox.)
Hi, I'm Andy and I'm 13. I'm occupated as a student in New Zealand. I play the violin and guitar for 6 and 4 years. I like simple sentences. When I grow up I wanna be a e-sport caster and a chef! In my spare time I like to go scootering or long boarding with my friends. Once my friend shot a BB gun at point blanc to a crab he found at the beach, and there was a gaping hole in it's back. Everyone puked.