Thread Rating:
  • 5 Vote(s) - 3.8 Average
2v2 Random OPEN -- let's try again.
11-15-2012, 11:34 PM
RE: 2v2 Random OPEN -- Signups closed!
Since the time from sign ups and start dates is fairly large, you may want to have players check-in to make sure they're still planning on playing.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
11-15-2012, 11:36 PM
Notice: I've filled in the seedings for the first round in the spreadsheet; In the details tab you can find your matchups for the first round. The 5th game (brown rows) is not filled in yet (only P2); I'll explain that in the rules below.

Revised overview of qualifiers rules:
Each round consists out of a best of 5 with your direct opponent. Every competitor is paired to one opponent, and each pair is paired to another pair to make matches. Games 1-4 are seeded with fixed teammates, turn order and maps:
Round 1: Candy Core Mine
Round 2: Machination
Round 3: CUVM*
*CUVM = Currently Unknown Veggienauts Map (can someone leak a name please Tongue)
Game 5 is a tiebreaker. Of each bracket, the lower seeded one is selected, and one of them is randomly picked to choose a teammate. He will start as P2, and is already filled in on the match details. Map will be Blitz Beach for the full qualifiers. The 5th game is played at the same time as the other games!

Even though the top 8 on 2v2r aren't supposed to get matched against the top of the world, it didn't keep the system from screwing sakhiel completely over by matching him against worldfamous Undecided

11-16-2012, 01:25 AM (This post was last modified: 11-16-2012 01:30 AM by lawtai.)
RE: 2v2 Random OPEN -- First Qualifier Starting December 1st!
another forum bug bump?
It seemed like if you had a 2v2 seeding, you used that instead of a 1v1 seeding. Even if the 1v1 spot was higher than their 2v2 spot? For those that didn't have a 2v2 seeding, you just used their 1v1 to seed them. I'd think you should almost pick the higher of the 2 to seed them? Just a thought.

[Image: sig.png]
11-18-2012, 05:34 AM
When does this start
11-18-2012, 10:22 AM
(11-18-2012 05:34 AM)Dcarp8809 Wrote:  When does this start

December 1st
11-20-2012, 11:31 PM
(11-15-2012 11:34 PM)aaronINdayton Wrote:  Since the time from sign ups and start dates is fairly large, you may want to have players check-in to make sure they're still planning on playing.

Good point. What i was thinking is the following:

Players are allowed to start their games (and take their first turn) a few days before the actual start (November 29th), to be able to notify any not-playing done by competitors so we are able to react quickly (rematching/kicking). Preferbaly don't take any turns before the official start, although it shouldn't be a problem if turns 3-4 were accidentaly taken before being notified. It's recommended to use this 'pre-start' as a option to discuss 5th game teamups.

11-22-2012, 03:22 PM
Ummm this whole tournament thing is a bit new to me so could you do maybe a breif explanation of the way that the teams are chosen and divided...... In English?? Lol , Tongue if u could that would be great!
11-27-2012, 09:41 AM
@gfich you spelled dberube7 name wrong in the spreadsheet. Just wanted to let you know, what if there are other minor mistakes and people are tying to look for each other..
11-27-2012, 11:36 PM
Oh man, games should be starting for this! I'll try and send out invites for the games I'm supposed to start tonight...
11-27-2012, 11:38 PM
Aren't you still a few days early? Starts this Saturday right?

[Image: sig.png]