Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Clever league: How do I counter runner rushes?
10-21-2012, 07:52 AM
RE: Clever league: How do I counter runner rushes?
Usually runner rushes fail because they cost so much. In my games, I actually like it when the opponent sends an early runner to hit my base, because it puts me that many wits ahead of them, and I usually win after that.

You think only Adorables use snipers on SFI?
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
10-21-2012, 09:32 AM
Yeah! Soldiers will definitely help!
10-21-2012, 06:47 PM
Okay, here's a more specific request. Does anyone have advice for P1 Runner Rushes on Long Nine? Long Nine is unique in that there are three major entryways to your base that Runners can take, and I have a habit of losing my Northern Wit Space to stupid Runner shenanigans. Thing is, I encounter Runner Rushes so seldomly that I don't have any practice defending them.
10-22-2012, 11:33 PM
outwitters://viewgame?id=ag5vdXR3aXR0ZXJzZ2FtZXIRCxIIR2FtZVJvb20Y46HbAQw didn't load for me in http://osn.codepenguin.com/replays Sad some errors or something.
10-23-2012, 12:49 AM
(10-22-2012 11:33 PM)aaronINdayton Wrote:  outwitters://viewgame?id=ag5vdXR3aXR0ZXJzZ2FtZXIRCxIIR2FtZVJvb20Y46HbAQw didn't load for me in http://osn.codepenguin.com/replays Sad some errors or something.

Are you using the second link i posted, or the first? The first one is broken, but the second one works just fine for me.

Gifted League Gamecenter:Phyresis
OSN Profile
Wolfpack on OSN
WE ARE THE WOLFPACK!
10-23-2012, 03:38 AM
(10-23-2012 12:49 AM)Phyresis Wrote:  
(10-22-2012 11:33 PM)aaronINdayton Wrote:  outwitters://viewgame?id=ag5vdXR3aXR0ZXJzZ2FtZXIRCxIIR2FtZVJvb20Y46HbAQw didn't load for me in http://osn.codepenguin.com/replays Sad some errors or something.

Are you using the second link i posted, or the first? The first one is broken, but the second one works just fine for me.

I used the second, the first was invalid, but shortening it, it also does not work. Maybe it would work if I pulled it up on my device, but I never check the forums at home Sad.
10-25-2012, 10:42 AM
(10-21-2012 06:47 PM)Emuchu Wrote:  Okay, here's a more specific request. Does anyone have advice for P1 Runner Rushes on Long Nine? Long Nine is unique in that there are three major entryways to your base that Runners can take, and I have a habit of losing my Northern Wit Space to stupid Runner shenanigans. Thing is, I encounter Runner Rushes so seldomly that I don't have any practice defending them.

Taking the top wit with runners I find quite useless, unless you have something more epic planned, all you have to do is spawn a single soldier from the top spawn to take it back. Of course it might take a few turns to take it back, depending on how many runners he used but the more he uses the more wits he wasted.