Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Clever league: How do I counter runner rushes?
10-21-2012, 02:46 AM
Clever league: How do I counter runner rushes?
I have been playing this game for only about a week or so, and i have won almost all of my games, althogh the one thing I seem to have trouble defending is runner rushes. I was hoping that someone on these forums could help give me tips on how to defend theses. Thanks.

Gifted League Gamecenter:Phyresis
OSN Profile
Wolfpack on OSN
WE ARE THE WOLFPACK!
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
10-21-2012, 02:48 AM (This post was last modified: 10-21-2012 02:57 AM by CombatEX.)
RE: Clever league: How do I counter runner rushes?
If you could upload the replays of the games you've been having trouble with it would be easier to provide constructive feedback. Without any replays I can just give you the general advice of making soldiers and gradually blocking vulnerable parts of your base. Also the occasional 2 hp runner so you can see where your opponent is threatening to strike next would be useful. Your opponent ends up throwing away a lot of wits when attacking your base with runners, so as long as you can get a tight defense before the 5th runner, you'll be in a dominant position.

Each damage to your base your opponent does with a runner will cost them 4 wits (on average, but this is map dependent of course). So let's say they do 3 damage. That's 12 wits. Now if you've just been making soldiers/snipers/etc. it will have cost you 3-6 wits to kill those 3 runners. You are now 3-6 wits ahead of your opponent in terms of wit exchange AND you are up 3 units. If your opponent did 4 damage he's in an even worse situation. He spent 16 wits while you spent 4-8. So that's now a 8-12 wit advantage for you plus you killed 4 units.

Your base health is like a secondary resource. It's okay to trade some of your health for that wit and unit advantage as long as you manage it well and don't let your health go to 0. There is no goal in Outwitters that says you got a 'better' win for having more base health, so don't feel bad if you lose a point here or there.

[Image: supertitanreplay.png]
10-21-2012, 02:51 AM (This post was last modified: 10-21-2012 02:56 AM by TheQwertiest.)
boosted runners to stop your opponents runners works.
it would be better if you look for a skilled player to play with you and do the runner rushes on them to see how they would react

try posting in the seeking partners or opponents thread stickied above

[Image: 9d7f96a4e69f9e49b3bcb2a9b2aa3267_zpsffc0a44c.jpg]
Anonymous Clan
GC: Pastil*
10-21-2012, 03:13 AM
Could someone tell me how to upload the replays?

OSN Profile
Wolfpack on OSN
WE ARE THE WOLFPACK!
10-21-2012, 03:17 AM
(10-21-2012 03:13 AM)Phyresis Wrote:  Could someone tell me how to upload the replays?

(07-07-2012 07:31 PM)Harti Wrote:  How to post a replay?

You go to your win/lost section of your game list and tap and hold on a game and a sub-menu pops up like so:
[Image: sharescreen.png]

When pasting the link to the forums, please make sure to put it into
Code:
[url]outwitters://...[/url]
so that we can actually click the link with our devices.

Anonymous Clan
10-21-2012, 03:27 AM
outwitters://outwitters://viewgame?id=ag...20Y46HbAQw

Lets try again.

OSN Profile
Wolfpack on OSN
WE ARE THE WOLFPACK!
10-21-2012, 03:38 AM
(10-21-2012 03:27 AM)Phyresis Wrote:  outwitters://outwitters://viewgame?id=ag...20Y46HbAQw

Lets try again.

i seem to be unable to view your replay. it might be my slow internet but i can view other replays just fine

Anonymous Clan
10-21-2012, 03:44 AM
(10-21-2012 03:27 AM)Phyresis Wrote:  outwitters://outwitters://viewgame?id=ag...20Y46HbAQw

Lets try again.

After i clicked it, the game has been looking under the couch firmly, but it still hasn't found anything...

10-21-2012, 04:35 AM
outwitters://viewgame?id=ag5vdXR3aXR0ZXJzZ2FtZXIRCxIIR2FtZVJvb20Y46HbAQw

Maybe this time?

OSN Profile
Wolfpack on OSN
WE ARE THE WOLFPACK!
10-21-2012, 05:15 AM
(10-21-2012 04:35 AM)Phyresis Wrote:  outwitters://viewgame?id=ag5vdXR3aXR0ZXJzZ2FtZXIRCxIIR2FtZVJvb20Y46HbAQw

Maybe this time?

In general, boosted runners can be countered by soldiers if they are within 4 hexes away from your spawn points. Invest more on soldiers in case of runner rushes. Playing/being P1 or P2 matters a lot and should be taken into account in planning your strategy. As P2, it be wise into staying into defensive-attrition mode until you have built enough units and wits to launch an all out assault or competent force to attack P1.

You don't know me? Let me introduce myself. I am Anonymous. Super-Titan May the wits ever favor you.