Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Lose vs Give Up
10-20-2012, 02:41 AM (This post was last modified: 10-20-2012 02:47 AM by phaw law.)
Lose vs Give Up
Is better to give up or wait for your opponent to defeat you (in terms of points)?
... that is of course if your defeat is inevitable and imminent...
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
10-20-2012, 03:39 AM
RE: Lose vs Give Up
(10-20-2012 02:41 AM)phaw law Wrote:  Is better to give up or wait for your opponent to defeat you (in terms of points)?
... that is of course if your defeat is inevitable and imminent...

The same thing.
10-20-2012, 09:34 AM
They both result in a loss. The points are determined on your opponent, not the method you lose by, but if you are guaranteed to lose, prolonging your loss may prove worse in terms of your points/ranking, so you would probably be better off giving up if no hope is left.
10-20-2012, 03:31 PM
I had a guy message me that he hates cowards who give up instead of losing the "fair way" he sent this after i gave up with a base with 2 hp on foundry, him with a soldier in my backdoor, and all my other units out of position.

Gifted League Gamecenter:Phyresis
OSN Profile
Wolfpack on OSN
WE ARE THE WOLFPACK!
10-20-2012, 03:40 PM
(10-20-2012 03:31 PM)Phyresis Wrote:  I had a guy message me that he hates cowards who give up instead of losing the "fair way" he sent this after i gave up with a base with 2 hp on foundry, him with a soldier in my backdoor, and all my other units out of position.

Don't worry about people like them. They are usually the kind of people who spam chat with "hurry up" when you don't move within a few hours, and really just want the satisfaction of destroying a base.

Anyway, a win is a win; they should be content with it.
10-20-2012, 05:13 PM
Personally if I know I lost for sure I would give up only to open another game slot more quickly and start a new game. I would hope people would do the same for me.
10-20-2012, 05:35 PM
(10-20-2012 05:13 PM)Coolwhip18 Wrote:  Personally if I know I lost for sure I would give up only to open another game slot more quickly and start a new game. I would hope people would do the same for me.

I could not agree more.

You don't know me? Let me introduce myself. I am Anonymous. Super-Titan May the wits ever favor you.
10-21-2012, 02:04 AM
(10-20-2012 05:35 PM)joelduque Wrote:  
(10-20-2012 05:13 PM)Coolwhip18 Wrote:  Personally if I know I lost for sure I would give up only to open another game slot more quickly and start a new game. I would hope people would do the same for me.

I could not agree more.

Same here.

Gifted League Gamecenter:Phyresis
OSN Profile
Wolfpack on OSN
WE ARE THE WOLFPACK!
10-21-2012, 02:28 AM
I wonder if the length of match adds/subtracts to points, i think are definitely more varibles besides the opponent alone.

Truly hypocritical... I like when an opponent gives up and I return to a fresh win, but the optimist in me does not like to give up. There is always hope that somebody will miss their opportunity by making some terrible move or just lose their phone entirely.

[Image: sig.png]
10-21-2012, 11:55 AM
The length of the match does not affect points.

I AM THE 99.9997%!

[Image: sig.png]