Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
Map-team preferences idea
10-18-2012, 02:19 AM (This post was last modified: 10-18-2012 02:19 AM by Promicide.)
Map-team preferences idea
Just had a pretty cool idea. Hear me out:

On certain maps I personally fare better with certain teams, utilizing a specific special that has awesome chemistry on a specific map. I understand that the fact that you cannot select maps on ranked games, is part of the game. But get this: a setting that allows you to assign a specific team to whichever randomized map the game throws at you. I don't believe this would circumvent the "balance" or "fair play" aspects of the game and allows people to choose which tool is best for which environment. Let me know what ya think...
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
10-18-2012, 02:28 AM
RE: Map-team preferences idea
i think this is the main reason they dont let you choose maps. so you cant pick your tool for the environment. im fine with the randomness

[Image: 9d7f96a4e69f9e49b3bcb2a9b2aa3267_zpsffc0a44c.jpg]
Anonymous Clan
GC: Pastil*
10-18-2012, 04:13 AM
Who needs to choose when scallywags are best for everything?
10-18-2012, 06:43 AM
(10-18-2012 04:13 AM)Fluffysox Wrote:  Who needs to choose when scallywags are best for everything?

Good point.
10-18-2012, 07:45 AM
(10-18-2012 02:28 AM)TheQwertiest Wrote:  i think this is the main reason they dont let you choose maps. so you cant pick your tool for the environment. im fine with the randomness

I'm not suggesting choosing maps, only a setting that allows you to assign your preference of which team you will play as on each map. The randomness does suffice, but I didn't think it was too bad of an idea.
10-18-2012, 04:43 PM
I personally think this would be a bad idea, and it's precisely because certain teams fare better on certain maps. For example, if I had control over what team to play on certain maps, I'd stop playing Adorables on Glitch and Foundry and bring Scallywags, instead. Part of the point in having no control over this is to avoid having mirror matches all the time -- once we determine which teams play well on which maps, we'd lose much of the variety of the game.
10-18-2012, 06:19 PM
Yep. Here's what I think of the maps and which teams do well on them.

Sharkfood Island: Scallywags
Peekaboo: Scallywags
Glitch: Scallywags
Long Nine: Scallywags, Adorables
Sweetie Plains: Adorables
Foundry: Player One
10-18-2012, 07:18 PM
(10-18-2012 06:19 PM)garcia1000 Wrote:  Yep. Here's what I think of the maps and which teams do well on them.

Sharkfood Island: Scallywags
Peekaboo: Scallywags
Glitch: Scallywags
Long Nine: Scallywags, Adorables
Sweetie Plains: Adorables
Foundry: Player One

I lol'ed so hard when i read the last line!

10-19-2012, 05:21 AM
No mention of feedback? :0

Top 200 peak ranking: #18 Super-Titan

I'm currently taking a competative break. Am up for friendlies and tournaments!

(06-09-2014 02:14 PM)Bbobb555 Wrote:  I looked it up, apparently a kendama is a yo-yo (!). How the heck do you have forums for yo-yos?
10-19-2012, 03:09 PM
(10-19-2012 05:21 AM)Necrocat219 Wrote:  No mention of feedback? :0

Haha, Feedback is a difficult team to place. On one hand, I don't see them very often at all in upper-Masters (slightly more common in 2v2), on the other, I don't play them, so I can't comment on them with any authority, and third, they don't have a Bombshell, so the entire forum is out to get 'em!