Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Outwitters' low revenue - Marketing suggestions and ideas for OML
03-03-2013, 08:30 PM (This post was last modified: 03-03-2013 08:32 PM by =) Random Task (=.)
RE: Outwitters' low revenue - Marketing suggestions and ideas for OML
Well we actually don't know how OML are doing right now financially as we haven't got any updates since the wired article, or have I missed anything? Since the article came out many of us purchased a considerable amount of extras in game and many new players entered the forums.

[Image: sig.png][Image: 2u7x1fb.jpg]
awesome signature design by .Memories.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
03-03-2013, 09:58 PM
Hero Academy has a Steam version, maybe Outwitters should have one as well. I can see porting to Android being an issue, but that would also similarly broaden the customer base.

I like and dislike having a game cap at the same time. The spirit of this game is it is free to play, but there has to be some incentive to get people to pay for something. Maybe if the number of games you could play at once was choked to 2 after 10 games or something. Idk

GameCenter: ElPared
Master League Crying Foot Master League

OSN Player Profile: ElPared -- I'm always posting both wins and losses, critiques welcome
03-09-2013, 12:19 PM
When 2013 came, OML decided to start 2013ing and put everything in the store on sale fore a limited time. The store was on sale for a whole month and then i got the über pack. The bases are still on sale for 99¢. Will the prices ever go back up?

I hear there's a secret Mobi hidden here somewhere…
03-10-2013, 07:27 AM
I sent this directly to the developers, but I suppose I'll repost a paraphrase here. My apologies if this has been covered, i didn't read all 14 pages Sad.

Exclusivity, Achievement and Customizations.

Keep track of league wins with details. What team you used, what your opponent used and what map. Then add exclusive, aesthetic only, purchasable mods.

Beat veggies 50 times? Buy a tree branch for your heavy to swing.
Win 100 League games? Buy a roman gladiator helm for your soldier.
Win 50 2v2 games with a scallywag partner? Buy a Bombshell helm for your sniper.
Win 10 Reaper games as 2nd player? Buy a freaking Medal for your guys to wear.

This would involve some artwork, and have an upfront cost. But people would buy it. You could have certain things only available to players of certain leagues, to flex their Master League epeens.

I certainly would buy stuff, and I'm bad at this game.
03-14-2013, 03:24 AM
(03-10-2013 07:27 AM)Lenticularis824 Wrote:  I sent this directly to the developers, but I suppose I'll repost a paraphrase here. My apologies if this has been covered, i didn't read all 14 pages Sad.

Exclusivity, Achievement and Customizations.

Keep track of league wins with details. What team you used, what your opponent used and what map. Then add exclusive, aesthetic only, purchasable mods.

Beat veggies 50 times? Buy a tree branch for your heavy to swing.
Win 100 League games? Buy a roman gladiator helm for your soldier.
Win 50 2v2 games with a scallywag partner? Buy a Bombshell helm for your sniper.
Win 10 Reaper games as 2nd player? Buy a freaking Medal for your guys to wear.

This would involve some artwork, and have an upfront cost. But people would buy it. You could have certain things only available to players of certain leagues, to flex their Master League epeens.

I certainly would buy stuff, and I'm bad at this game.

I really like this idea! I would definitely buy 'em!

*** I'm up for friendly invites anytime! ***
GC: freerodo (ex RodoAC)
Kik Messenger: freerodo
1v1 Gifted League
2v2 Master League with HairballRemedy
06-04-2013, 07:37 PM
Thanks for sharing such a helpful information about revenue management. Revenue management system helps to improve business performance. Nicely explained all the points!!!
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
06-05-2013, 04:55 AM (This post was last modified: 06-05-2013 04:58 AM by (Rone).)
(10-13-2012 09:05 AM)awpertunity Wrote:  I even purchased the uber pack before I even knew how to use the specials properly. I don't think a free generic team without a special would be too bad in this respect. Furthermore, it would force currently good players who have not yet purchased anything to do so when they lose their precious precious bombshell.

Maybe this is off topic... but a lot of players seem to do this. I however do not know where to deploy my BS on a decent amount of maps still, however learning how to use him effectively was something I learned far before I purchased Uber pack. I've switched to Adorable's as my main team as of recently, but I learned on Scallywag's and I'm still playing stronger with them.
(03-03-2013 08:30 PM)Random Task Wrote:  Well we actually don't know how OML are doing right now financially as we haven't got any updates since the wired article, or have I missed anything? Since the article came out many of us purchased a considerable amount of extras in game and many new players entered the forums.

Yep, got the uber pack between the article coming out and now.

Proud Gifted League 1v1 http://osn.codepenguin.com/players/view/25336
[Image: sig.png]
06-08-2013, 01:43 AM
I don't if they can do it, but I'd pay for a history/scorecard of my games. Who I played wins against, losses against, turns, which map. I'd pay at least $10 for it. Anybody else?
06-17-2013, 10:26 AM
^ Honestly I'll buy anything and everything they put out if they'll continue producing maps and teams for this game.

It's the only game I find worth playing on iOS. I've sunk $16 and would gladly pump more in to see it continue.

I recommend they repeal the UberPack and offer some recompense for doing so- perhaps:

Grant any purchaser of the UberPack any 2 teams of their choice- and couple this occurance with the release of a new team- those who want can get 1 of the new teams with it- and the rest of us can pay for them all while getting a new team. I don't think people will complain if the alternative is no more content.

I also would like the option to do random teams and random maps in friendly matches.
07-04-2013, 06:35 PM (This post was last modified: 07-04-2013 06:55 PM by ChiCoChi.)
main problem is waiting days for your next turn. this is not good enough.

i bought the uber pack and 35 game limit, i have full queue with most over 2 hours waiting... i cant play the game i purchased and theres no AI. This is flawed design. Game turns should be capped at 15 mins with the option to agree by vote to extend this to 24 hours.

I like the game but i cant play it because of the system. its broken. staring at a 35 list queue of waiting with all of them over several hours gone, some up to 20 hours.... this is stupid.

Fix this, why would people pay to look at a queue list? I feel ripped off, the game had so much potential.
How about paying for the upgrade to allow you longer on your turns? Free players get 15 minutes limit per turn.

Now you have a more active player base, especially for new freemium players, get them more interested in the game. More purchases gives more time per turn.

people dont like waiting.

people dont like paying for more waiting....

please fix this it is the obvious hole in. great game and the clear reason why people are refusing to pay. i regret paying now.
at least let us start another damn game if our upgraded queue is full.