Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Veggienauts Bramble Alternative - Cage of Thorns
10-03-2012, 03:43 AM (This post was last modified: 10-03-2012 03:57 AM by Ravernoth.)
RE: Veggienauts Bramble Alternative - Cage of Thorns
(10-03-2012 03:36 AM)Necrocat219 Wrote:  Nice idea, we'll keep it in mind, although I'm interested in why you might think it isn't viable

I'm just thinking of what the other specials can achieve with 1 wit - often quite powerful moves. By contrast, the Brambles barrier isn't as useful per wit and requires a wit investment to build up.

But of course there's lots you can do to beef it up if needed.
(10-03-2012 03:24 AM)Harti Wrote:  Ah! Very sorry. Misunderstandings over misunderstandings today, haha.

Heh no worries, I knew I should have clarified that! What're your thoughts on it on 1 hex then?
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
10-03-2012, 06:21 AM
Can those of you that are testing please describe what it does exactly, with the stats included? I'm just having a hard time getting exited about this unit. I would be excite about ravernorth's proposal but I'm just not falling in love with what I understand its current status is. From what I gather from the gameplay screenshot, it had 1 or 2 base HP and all vines have 1 hp and can be added a turn at a time. Just seems like to big of an investment for what it is.
10-03-2012, 07:06 AM
The point of the beta is to make the unit balanced. If it isn't balanced in its current state, it will be modified (not saying it has the stats you are guessing, just that it doesn't matter at this point because they will be tweaked).

[Image: supertitanreplay.png]
10-03-2012, 07:34 AM
For the heck of it Tongue

[Image: edF2f.jpg]
10-03-2012, 08:54 AM (This post was last modified: 10-03-2012 08:55 AM by worldfamous.)
(10-03-2012 07:06 AM)CombatEX Wrote:  The point of the beta is to make the unit balanced. If it isn't balanced in its current state, it will be modified (not saying it has the stats you are guessing, just that it doesn't matter at this point because they will be tweaked).

I hear you, and understand that. I guess it's just the lack of on attack that curbs my enthusiasm, but I'll reserve judgement until I use it.
(10-03-2012 07:34 AM)Ravernoth Wrote:  For the heck of it Tongue

[Image: edF2f.jpg]

Nice. Exactly what I pictured in my head.
10-03-2012, 09:04 AM
Personally I fell in love with the idea and thought that there would be a load of versatile applications for the new special, but in practice it's actually much harder to utilize

Top 200 peak ranking: #18 Super-Titan

I'm currently taking a competative break. Am up for friendlies and tournaments!

(06-09-2014 02:14 PM)Bbobb555 Wrote:  I looked it up, apparently a kendama is a yo-yo (!). How the heck do you have forums for yo-yos?
10-03-2012, 12:56 PM
I wonder if reducing the cost is a possibility for balance.