Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Dilemma, what should I do?
09-26-2012, 08:52 AM
Dilemma, what should I do?
So I'm torn. I'm in a match, and I'm in a pretty bad spot. In fact, I have lost this game. I can see it, and I'm pretty sure my opponent can see it. All they have to do is shoot me with a Bombshell, then move in the runner and take the last point from my base. And while he can't see right now that the path is clear for the runner, he could be absolutely sure by watching my last turn's replay.

But then, instead of just winning right now, they pass their turn without moving. I can tell they didn't move at all because it didn't even show the "sneaking" icon. And then there's a chat from the opponent, saying "wtf it won't let me move!" I imagine they probably hit "Done" by mistake and accidentally passed the turn. So, should I concede and take my loss like I deserve, or should I fight back and make the most of what I've been given? What would *you* do in my situation? And how would you feel if you were the opponent, and had a deserved win snatched away from you like that? Would you laugh it off and be like "aw man, I should have been more careful" or would you be all resentful of me like "what a dick, he shouldn't have taken advantage like that"?

IronMagus' Replays Thread - Please watch and comment.
Greasemonkey script for Firefox - Open replay links in your browser!
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
09-26-2012, 09:00 AM
RE: Dilemma, what should I do?
It depends. Did you face that opponent often? Are they kind or a douche? How likely will you be paired against them after you took advantage? Do you care for your image? How important is that game? Are you on a winning streak and feel like this could be your promotion? Are they in a higher league even?

These are questions that could relieve your remorse a little.

I'd maybe already have conceded the turn before that just to save myself the precious time. I'm not sure how I'd react in that particular situation, though. Were it a game in a tournament, I'd probably carelessly abuse the situation (unless I care for the opponent).

jesusfuentesh Wrote:  Harti is like the silent lion. He never says any word, but when so, he was just waiting for his victim haha

[Image: sig.png]
09-26-2012, 01:36 PM
"I have lost this game. I can see it, and I'm pretty sure my opponent can see it." In that case I would forfeit.

If you're really that sure your opponent would have beaten you if not for their misclick then just give them the win. If you're playing at a low level though where your opponent could easily overlook the fact that they could beat you on the next turn, it's not as clear what course of action you should take.

But anyway, if your opponent is at least masters just forfeit.

[Image: supertitanreplay.png]
09-26-2012, 03:40 PM
can you save the replay for this game? i would very much like to see it cause i have had a similar experience with your opponent.

[Image: 9d7f96a4e69f9e49b3bcb2a9b2aa3267_zpsffc0a44c.jpg]
Anonymous Clan
GC: Pastil*
09-26-2012, 03:55 PM
(09-26-2012 03:40 PM)TheQwertiest Wrote:  can you save the replay for this game? i would very much like to see it cause i have had a similar experience with your opponent.

outwitters://viewgame?id=ag5vdXR3aXR0ZXJzZ2FtZXIRCxIIR2FtZVJvb20Y7Oq1AQw

I just conceded, in the end.

IronMagus' Replays Thread - Please watch and comment.
Greasemonkey script for Firefox - Open replay links in your browser!
09-26-2012, 04:36 PM
(09-26-2012 03:55 PM)IronMagus Wrote:  
(09-26-2012 03:40 PM)TheQwertiest Wrote:  can you save the replay for this game? i would very much like to see it cause i have had a similar experience with your opponent.

outwitters://viewgame?id=ag5vdXR3aXR0ZXJzZ2FtZXIRCxIIR2FtZVJvb20Y7Oq1AQw

I just conceded, in the end.

you made a very honorable decision. its nice to see that there are players like you.

[Image: 9d7f96a4e69f9e49b3bcb2a9b2aa3267_zpsffc0a44c.jpg]
Anonymous Clan
GC: Pastil*
09-26-2012, 05:25 PM
In that replay you should have conceded, yeah. There's no space for him to make a wrong move at all.
09-26-2012, 09:23 PM
Ya done good, Iron.