Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
How to lose a game with a single touch
09-09-2012, 10:52 PM
How to lose a game with a single touch
I know I'm not the only one to have experienced this. It seems pretty severe that in a game in which you spend days building your attack, that a single stray bump on the bottom corner of the screen can end a turn without having made a single move.

Surely this could be easily fixed. I would suggest having a slide bar confirmation that your turn was intended as finished before submitting. At the very least, if you haven't spent a single witpoint then the program should be smart enough to know you're probably not done yet. Some of us mere mortals have fat fingers and distracting environments!

I recognise the game is still new and Alex and Adam have a range of priority issues to iron out. But before I shell out $10 for the full kit-out, then I'm going to want the interface to be a little more forgiving first...

On an unrelated note, while the new 35 game limit is very generous, I am slightly horrified by the thought of people abusing queue stacking now with 35 games deep! Undecided Outwitters is such a wonderful game, but there are some key issues still holding it back IMO
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
09-10-2012, 01:32 AM (This post was last modified: 09-10-2012 01:32 AM by Mag!cGuy.)
RE: How to lose a game with a single touch
This problem never happened to me, but I think it's a good idea indeed. Smile

You can ask a...
[Image: 6BmXQqC.jpg]
(drawing by Chemoeum)

[Image: sig.png]
09-10-2012, 01:55 AM
(09-09-2012 10:52 PM)Joggies Wrote:  On an unrelated note, while the new 35 game limit is very generous, I am slightly horrified by the thought of people abusing queue stacking now with 35 games deep! Undecided Outwitters is such a wonderful game, but there are some key issues still holding it back IMO

This seems to be the worst thing on parity left from the initial release. Whether there is First Mover Advantage (FMA) or not, it would make sense that the system ensures that in every 6 games you start - you only move first in three.

If the system can't handle it - then at least add a throttle to prevent someone from spamming new games.

Anecdotally, this is rising. I usually start about three games and then wait. Lately, I have gotten a ratio of 80% second move. Half of the games I joined in this period were against two people - all with FMA.
09-10-2012, 05:56 AM
I've never experienced this but I have played against someone who did it. I asked the community what is the best way to deal with that situation here

In the interest of not ruining a match I agree that there should be a pop up that asks you to confirm if you have at least one unused wit. But in all honesty, I think that there's no real excuse for accidently hitting done before you're ready and so if you do you should accept your mistake has cost you the match
09-10-2012, 07:32 AM
(09-10-2012 05:56 AM)anthoninja Wrote:  But in all honesty, I think that there's no real excuse for accidently hitting done before you're ready and so if you do you should accept your mistake has cost you the match

As an example, if someone interrupts you or starts talking to you while you have the game open, it is very easy to brush the wrong part of the phone once you return your attention to the game/phone.

One day perhaps you too will have the look of horror on your face when you see "Sending Turn" pop up unexpectedly. I have only had it twice in several hundred games, but it can easily happen at anytime with a stray digit in the bottom left hand corner...
09-10-2012, 10:43 AM
Or if your 2-year-old daughter thinks the game is hilarious, and spectates from your lap while occasionally poking at the screen...

Any time she notices me playing... "CATS! Play cats! Cats please!"

(She thinks the Adorables are cats.)
09-12-2012, 10:50 PM
I totally agree, I have had loads of games start with 12 or 13 goes left. And must have accidentally pressed send . A confirmation. Would be best to ensure you have finished.

How many times have I pushed send and then looked and thought oopsie shudda moved that
09-19-2012, 10:15 PM
I agree. I also think there should be a button for confirming an attack, the same way you confirm movement. If this would be too inconvenient, then there should be an option for you to turn these confirmations on or off if you want to.