Thread Rating:
  • 14 Vote(s) - 4.36 Average
Outwitters WORLD CUP Winner - Alvendor (SWEDEN)
01-04-2013, 09:23 PM
RE: Outwitters WORLD CUP - SEMI-Finals
Sure! here's one

Replay

The other one is going at the rate of 2 turns per day, so might take a while
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
01-05-2013, 12:00 AM
(01-04-2013 09:23 PM)blckace Wrote:  Sure! here's one

Replay

The other one is going at the rate of 2 turns per day, so might take a while

Cool! Your scrambler walk across the map from southeast to northwest.

iPro Clan
01-07-2013, 12:36 AM (This post was last modified: 01-08-2013 03:49 PM by blckace.)
For the first game Replay
There isn't much to say, I think i tricked Alvendor by sneaking the healer to heal the thorn I scrambled but still my moves weren't optimal on turn 11, I could've scouted without putting my scout in harms way, and instead of using my soldier to kill a thorn and spawn two more I could've spawned a soldier and moved him, it would've been pretty impossible for Alvendor to recover from that.
Still Alvendor managed a great recovery, because if he spawned anything other than the scout, he would've lost much more quickly. So, now he has a slight advantage. But he makes a big mistake on turn 14 that ends the game prematurely Tongue
Sigh I was writing the comments for the second game and accidental refresh, nightmare!
Second game
Replay

Turn 6 I was wondering if I should probably put my scrambler one hex forward or just be prepared for a slow game, I went for the second choice, wasn't gonna make a big difference anyway

Turn 7 nice move the the scout alvendor!

Turn 14 why did I waste one wit moving the scout? I'm so gonna regret this

Turn 16 nice move with the healer blckace! Also, moved the scrambler back because he could've been killed in that position if Alvendor scrambles my soldier

Turn 17 HELL NO, THAT'S AN ILLEGAL MOVE ALVENDOR YOU CAN'T PUT YOUR SCRAMBLER THERE I'M SO GONNA KILL IT, CRAZY RECKLESS! I CAN'T BELIEVE WHAT YOU JUST DID

Turn 18 My scouting was so poor that I missed the position of his hidden scrambler, I knew he was up to no good, even though far fetched I knew he could've made a scrambler but because of my poor scouting there were two hiding places needless to say I didn't know where I chickened out and decided to move my soldiers to safety

Turn 19 Alvendor manages to scramble one of my soldiers for a favorable exchange

Turn 20 I take out two scramblers, you didn't see that one coming did you ALVENDOR ENEMY? NINJA BLCKACE. Still I was short one wit to kill an additional unit which would've made such a big difference that it would've been practically game over for alvendor (refer back to turn 14)

Turn 22 I could've killed his scrambler but I would've lost the game

Turn 24 was bait he didn't fall for it

Turn 26 setup for an attack while defending

Turn 27 if Alvendor made a soldier it probably would've been very bad for him like game over, smart!

Turn 28 I honestly was expecting he made something more than a scout that would leave him pressured for wits but he only made a scout the previous turn, it probably would've been wiser to hold off on my attack until I have more units but I just didn't want to wait because he's winning and he has a healer to make a stronger army and sniper probably on the far side (guessed it Smile ). Needless to say it was a bad attack because he can just spawn a scrambler and take one of my soldiers, always a risk going near feedback's base but honestly I wasn't expecting he would have that many wits to spawn a scrambler I thought he made a soldier! and I move my scrambler to safety because he's going to scramble my soldier, I knew that by now. Come to think of it maybe when I saw that he didn't protect his scrambler I should've been more wary.

Turn 29 LOOK AT HIS WITS! This couldn't have been anymore miscalculated from me and worst of all he manges to put the heavy there to protect his scrambler, I thought at the very least I would have been able to take his 1 hp scrambler if he spawns one with my heavy that forward but NO

Turn 34 I knew I was gonna lose but I had a lot of wits so i spawn a scrambler which would've bought me some time had he put his scrambler on the far side where my weakness is, but alvendor is very smart he puts it in the middle and game over
01-07-2013, 01:39 AM (This post was last modified: 01-07-2013 01:58 AM by TheQwertiest.)
i could picture how the game went from the comments alone.haha will watch the replay now.
awesome game blckace! Big Grin

[Image: 9d7f96a4e69f9e49b3bcb2a9b2aa3267_zpsffc0a44c.jpg]
Anonymous Clan
GC: Pastil*
01-07-2013, 01:42 AM
BUMP

01-07-2013, 05:26 AM
(01-07-2013 12:36 AM)blckace Wrote:  Replay
But he makes a big mistake on turn 14 that ends the game prematurely Tongue
Yeah I had completely missed your combination on turn 15. Think I got a bit shellshocked after you took 2 snipers and converted a soldier in one turn! Then I compounded the mistake by making a move on turn 16 that was just plain bad. Thought I would be fine but didn't really think things through.

(01-07-2013 12:36 AM)blckace Wrote:  Replay

Turn 17 HELL NO, THAT'S AN ILLEGAL MOVE ALVENDOR YOU CAN'T PUT YOUR SCRAMBLER THERE I'M SO GONNA KILL IT, CRAZY RECKLESS! I CAN'T BELIEVE WHAT YOU JUST DID

I like that you can do these kind of plays with feedback. I think it was fairly safe as your priority would be to protect your wit space and I couldn't find any reasonable move you could make in which you would see the scrambler. I wouldn't make the play against players who makes obvious mistakes.

(01-07-2013 12:36 AM)blckace Wrote:  Turn 20 I take out two scramblers, you didn't see that one coming did you ALVENDOR ENEMY? NINJA BLCKACE. Still I was short one wit to kill an additional unit which would've made such a big difference that it would've been practically game over for alvendor (refer back to turn 14)
This was kind of funny. I had just lost the other game and saw that my 19 turn could make or break the game. I knew all units' positions and did a complete wit count (I usually don't do it 20 turns into a game as it is kind of a pain). I was so certain that you didn't have any wits saved and if I took your wit space you would only be able to kill 1 of my 3 scramblers. What a surprised when you took out 2! I didn't think you where cheating but couldn't for my life imagine how you got so many wits!
I realized after the game finished that you were p2 and started with 8 and not 5 wits! Big Grin

Soldier spam FTW
01-07-2013, 06:37 AM
(01-07-2013 05:26 AM)Alvendor Wrote:  I realized after the game finished that you were p2 and started with 8 and not 5 wits! Big Grin
lol, tough luck.

The exact same thing happened in my game against Da Wizerd in the Super-Duper-Titan Tournament... except it wasn't 20 but only 7 turns into the game.

jesusfuentesh Wrote:  Harti is like the silent lion. He never says any word, but when so, he was just waiting for his victim haha

[Image: sig.png]
01-07-2013, 07:26 AM
Awesome game, and thanks for the commentary! And with that we have our first tiebreaker!

Blckace is the advantaged player so he will get to choose both the map for the tiebreaker game and the player order.
01-07-2013, 07:32 AM
What a great feedback ditto! Should be game or the week. Scramblers don't get the glory they deserve.
01-08-2013, 03:10 PM
(01-07-2013 07:32 AM)GreatGonzales Wrote:  What a great feedback ditto! Should be game or the week. Scramblers don't get the glory they deserve.

Agreed, absolutely amazing scrambling by both players.