Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 4 Average
Super Titan matched against Gifted
11-01-2012, 02:36 AM (This post was last modified: 11-01-2012 02:40 AM by CombatEX.)
RE: Super Titan matched against Gifted
(10-31-2012 04:39 PM)Samura| Wrote:  
(09-02-2012 12:32 AM)Dawizerd Wrote:  Summary-
In my case, "working the queue" resulted in pairings with opponents of a vastly lower skill level, while starting games at more random intervals gave me well matched opponents. So, could some of this "skill mismatch" issue be the way the system is reacting to queue loading by the higher league players?

Having read this post, I decided to conduct an experiment of my own recently. Being a lowly Gifted rank (my fault for not having the time to play a lot of league games recently), I wanted to see how I could be matched up against tougher opponents for the 2 open games I usually have going on at a time, using Da Wizerd's method above. The thesis was this: if high ranked players were being paired against lower league players, being a lower league player myself would I stand a good chance of being paired against players above my class?

I queued 2 games, and only took my turn after 3 days. The matchmaking system took half a day to find me a match --> p1noyboypj and another top 200 player! Awesome! Wink

Won't be doing it again though as this method requires me to have FTA against my higher-ranked opponents, and I do feel some guilt about that! Having said that, I'm still playing probably 80% of my games as P2... can't wait for the FTA fix to go through!

Wow. I, like you, only have two league games going at a time and I'm sick of being paired with low ranked players. Unlike you though, I'm going to be doing this every game from now on. It won't really matter because FTA will be drastically reduced in the coming patch and I'd rather be winning 30-40 points per game instead of 8-18. For people like us who play very few league games, having to play half as many is a huge deal. Okay, yes, we'll actually lose games playing against top 100 players (well, maybe not you haha) where as that's not the case against gifted, but you get the idea ^^ Also I'm playing 80% of my games as P2 currently also... so it would be nice to mix it up.

[Image: supertitanreplay.png]
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Super Titan matched against Gifted - CombatEX - 11-01-2012 02:36 AM