Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Medics healing Medics
11-02-2012, 07:28 AM
Medics healing Medics
I watched the Outwitters Community Tournament Finals, when I saw Calmon! do something interesting in his second game against Alvendor: He spawned a second Medic to have a sexy make-out party with his first one!

Community Tournament Finals, Game 2
Sweetie Plains, Calmon! (A) vs Alvendor (S)

One of the first things that Calmon! does in this game is to spawn a Medic, and have the two Medics heal each other. This move has been discussed before, but I always had the impression it was a poor use of Wits.

I tried it in a recent game on Sweetie, but my opponent attacked the Wit Space early, forcing me to defend for quite a while even as Player 1. He was able to destroy my Sniper, although the two Medics survived, and I was able to repel the invasion. In my opinion, just spawning a second medic would have left me with a stronger Wit Space defense for the attack, although my opponent may have been able to snipe the Medic with a Runner.

What are your guys' thoughts on the Medic Makeout? Why did Calmon! feel the need to do it? And is it the reason he was ultimately defeated by Alvendor?
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
11-02-2012, 07:57 AM
RE: Medics healing Medics
Hah! Funny you called it a make out session. I recently said something similar to my 2v2 teammate when we saw a team do the same thing. I think I said something more like "heh, look at these two medics ****ing each other off." Big Grin
11-02-2012, 10:50 AM
Calmon let the game expire by accident if I'm not mistaken.

[Image: supertitanreplay.png]
11-02-2012, 12:41 PM
He was 1P, maybe he felt guilty about FTA and so he evened it out by making another medic? haha
11-02-2012, 04:14 PM
I did it once and it sucks big Time.
11-02-2012, 11:24 PM
I think it can be a good move, but only in longer matches. In the short term, I think it not only costs too many wits to pull off, but also puts you behind in (attacking) unit count.
11-03-2012, 12:06 AM
It depends on the situation. If the opponent spawns many runners it may be a good thing to boost medics. I however have never done it so early in the game.

[Image: sig.png][Image: 2u7x1fb.jpg]
awesome signature design by .Memories.
11-03-2012, 01:36 AM (This post was last modified: 11-03-2012 01:38 AM by worldfamous.)
I agree that in a long match it could pay off, but it also essentially wipes FTA.
(11-02-2012 04:14 PM)Clint westwood Wrote:  I did it once and it sucks big Time.

Love the name, Westwood.
11-03-2012, 06:43 AM
That's my real Name. Smile
I think.
11-03-2012, 06:56 AM
trying it out against a super scallywag turtler on peekaboo because i have no hope of winning
will report back!