One Man Left Studios Community Forums
Medics healing Medics - Printable Version

+- One Man Left Studios Community Forums (http://www.onemanleft.com/forums)
+-- Forum: General (/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Outwitters (/forumdisplay.php?fid=11)
+--- Thread: Medics healing Medics (/showthread.php?tid=831)

Medics healing Medics - Emuchu - 11-02-2012 07:28 AM

I watched the Outwitters Community Tournament Finals, when I saw Calmon! do something interesting in his second game against Alvendor: He spawned a second Medic to have a sexy make-out party with his first one!

Community Tournament Finals, Game 2
Sweetie Plains, Calmon! (A) vs Alvendor (S)

One of the first things that Calmon! does in this game is to spawn a Medic, and have the two Medics heal each other. This move has been discussed before, but I always had the impression it was a poor use of Wits.

I tried it in a recent game on Sweetie, but my opponent attacked the Wit Space early, forcing me to defend for quite a while even as Player 1. He was able to destroy my Sniper, although the two Medics survived, and I was able to repel the invasion. In my opinion, just spawning a second medic would have left me with a stronger Wit Space defense for the attack, although my opponent may have been able to snipe the Medic with a Runner.

What are your guys' thoughts on the Medic Makeout? Why did Calmon! feel the need to do it? And is it the reason he was ultimately defeated by Alvendor?

RE: Medics healing Medics - worldfamous - 11-02-2012 07:57 AM

Hah! Funny you called it a make out session. I recently said something similar to my 2v2 teammate when we saw a team do the same thing. I think I said something more like "heh, look at these two medics ****ing each other off." Big Grin

RE: Medics healing Medics - CombatEX - 11-02-2012 10:50 AM

Calmon let the game expire by accident if I'm not mistaken.

RE: Medics healing Medics - garcia1000 - 11-02-2012 12:41 PM

He was 1P, maybe he felt guilty about FTA and so he evened it out by making another medic? haha

RE: Medics healing Medics - Clint westwood - 11-02-2012 04:14 PM

I did it once and it sucks big Time.

RE: Medics healing Medics - wonderpug - 11-02-2012 11:24 PM

I think it can be a good move, but only in longer matches. In the short term, I think it not only costs too many wits to pull off, but also puts you behind in (attacking) unit count.

RE: Medics healing Medics - =) Random Task (= - 11-03-2012 12:06 AM

It depends on the situation. If the opponent spawns many runners it may be a good thing to boost medics. I however have never done it so early in the game.

RE: Medics healing Medics - worldfamous - 11-03-2012 01:36 AM

I agree that in a long match it could pay off, but it also essentially wipes FTA.
(11-02-2012 04:14 PM)Clint westwood Wrote:  I did it once and it sucks big Time.

Love the name, Westwood.

RE: Medics healing Medics - Clint westwood - 11-03-2012 06:43 AM

That's my real Name. Smile
I think.

RE: Medics healing Medics - blckace - 11-03-2012 06:56 AM

trying it out against a super scallywag turtler on peekaboo because i have no hope of winning
will report back!