Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Alex: Data Please!
07-31-2012, 01:20 AM
Alex: Data Please!
Alex,

So the community can more intelligently talk about the first turn advantage, can we get some data? Specifically:

1. Are you able to look at the % of time player 1 wins the game across all League games?

2. Are you able to look at the % of time player 1 wins in Super Titan v Super Titan match ups?

3. If you are able to look at this by map as well, does it look like any maps have a higher percentage of player 1 wins?

Also, switching sub-topics, are you able and willing to share the top 50 players by hidden matchmaking rating? I think that a small list like that would let hardcore players compete, but not discourage the casuals.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
07-31-2012, 01:22 AM (This post was last modified: 07-31-2012 01:22 AM by GreatGonzales.)
RE: Alex: Data Please!
+1

Would love to have a periodic update to the top 50 players, too.
07-31-2012, 01:29 AM
While I would like to voice a polite interest in such data, specifically relating to FTA, I would also like to remind everybody that Alex is currently playing House-Hunter (i. e. looking for a new place to live in the real world) and there are more critical issues at the moment. Namely the newly found cheating and after that the stability issues with the game which are supposed to be addressed in the first update.
I would like to see this data and talk about it - but not as a rush job. I would rather have this done right, with explanations from Alex about how the data is collected and how it is structured.

I am in no way affiliated with or authorized by One Man Left Studios, LLC.
Any information on Outwitters I present is founded on personal experience, public knowledge or the Outwitters Beta Test.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
07-31-2012, 01:40 AM
How about if we promise that the nearest 5 forumers to Alex's new house will help move furniture if they agree to get us this data? Smile
07-31-2012, 01:53 AM
Apparently this data won't get us any far unless they cover everything. There would be some interesting queries indeed, like FTA tendency in Super-Titan League but hey, I still don't think that publishing that data on the forums is a good idea.

Either in a part that's more private *hint hint* or not at all. Would make people cry about FTA even more.

jesusfuentesh Wrote:  Harti is like the silent lion. He never says any word, but when so, he was just waiting for his victim haha

[Image: sig.png]
07-31-2012, 02:00 AM
Yeah, I didnt mean to suggest its an earth shattering issue and am concious of the fact that Alex is the *only* coder. Just asking, not pushing.

But maybe its already set up to easily feed him this data, or easy to set up. Our volunteer database guy for the Hero Academy League set up data collection for us pretty quickly and we now have real time updating of won-loss by faction, map and who went first -- and precise calcualtion of the size of the FTA -- but of course, OML may have a more complex database set-up because of the League structure, so I could see it being significantly more complicated.
07-31-2012, 02:34 PM
(07-31-2012 01:29 AM)Kamikaze28 Wrote:  While I would like to voice a polite interest in such data, specifically relating to FTA, I would also like to remind everybody that Alex is currently playing House-Hunter (i. e. looking for a new place to live in the real world) and there are more critical issues at the moment. Namely the newly found cheating and after that the stability issues with the game which are supposed to be addressed in the first update.
I would like to see this data and talk about it - but not as a rush job. I would rather have this done right, with explanations from Alex about how the data is collected and how it is structured.

NO! DATA NOW! NO HOUSE HUNTING, NO FAMILY, NO FUN...JUST DATA!!!
07-31-2012, 05:11 PM
Data on the FTAs would be good Tongue

See how people are exploiting it well and which maps in particular.
08-01-2012, 08:58 AM
OP +1

(07-31-2012 01:20 AM)ArtNJ Wrote:  Also, switching sub-topics, are you able and willing to share the top 50 players by hidden matchmaking rating? I think that a small list like that would let hardcore players compete, but not discourage the casuals.

I was a mouse click away from creating a thread to request a sort of Ultimate League with only 1 division, and players are ranked by their hidden matchmaking rating, rather than points. (though it could be masked somehow to look like points, even though it isn't. thus avoiding confusion from the noobs).

Then I figured there are much bigger issues at hand, and I would save the suggestion for later.
08-01-2012, 10:54 AM
Eh. I don't see any reason to get tied up in knots over this. You move second 50% of the time in matchmaking play and any community tournament should be designed to balance who plays first.