Poll: Which TWO 1v1 maps are the fairest?
Sharkfood Island (small Scallywags map)
Long Nine (large Scallywags map)
Peekaboo (small Adorables map)
Sweetie Plains (large Adorables map)
Glitch (small Feedback map)
Foundry (large Feedback map)
[Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Which 1v1 maps are the fairest - and why?
07-24-2012, 09:34 AM
Which 1v1 maps are the fairest - and why?
I'd like to hear some of your opinions on what the best maps (in terms of balance) in Outwitters are. Best would be if you gave a reason.

You've got TWO votes. Limiting the multiple choice to only two wasn't possible. Thus, please do only cast 2 votes to make the favorites stand out clearer.

I'm not sure if this is going to be any help for them - but OML will be able to check which maps are popular for making further team+map packages with similarly structured maps.

jesusfuentesh Wrote:  Harti is like the silent lion. He never says any word, but when so, he was just waiting for his victim haha

[Image: sig.png]
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
07-24-2012, 10:18 AM (This post was last modified: 07-24-2012 10:19 AM by Bluegodzill.)
RE: Which 1v1 maps are the fairest - and why?
Pika boo and glitch definitely. They're maps that you can't rush the hell out of your opponent and you can defend with out getting cheap shotted for your base.

Masters again finally Master League

Member of the Wolfpack clan.
07-24-2012, 12:34 PM
I very much prefer the larger maps, mostly because they have challenging to defend wit spaces, meaning that there are several places the battle can move on the board and prevents outright turtling with no repercussions.
07-24-2012, 01:28 PM
Sharkfood-things swing so quickly that "committing to defense" does not limit your offensive capability. Yes, it is inclined towards "turtling" as Syvan describes but in terms of fairness that's out of the question. If you're really opposed to turtling, you can force your opponent into a bit more of a freewheeling game by sending over a couple early runners/soldiers without seriously endangering your defense.
07-24-2012, 08:44 PM
Sweetie Plains. Only problem is games between top players can be LONGGG
07-24-2012, 11:18 PM (This post was last modified: 07-24-2012 11:20 PM by Magnum.)
Long Nine and Glitch. I LOVE these two maps. Too bad that most of my plays are on maps like Sweetie Plains, Peekaboo or Sharkfood Island.

Just saw after voting that nobody voted for Foundry. Is it because many players rush on that map ?

Game Center ID : 27 Pastore.
1v1 : Gifted
I'm up for friendly games to get better Tongue
07-27-2012, 01:19 AM
Peekaboo - this map is the hardest to make a blitz on. The only 100% successful 1 or 2 turn blitzes are late in the game. If you go for a base rush early, you end up playing tug of war the rest of the game with your opponent.
Sweetie Plains - this map has so many possibilities for play and you cannot do an immediate base rush.

Gloriae DEI
SoloVid
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user