Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
New Forum Feedback thread.
10-16-2014, 01:28 AM
RE: New Forum Feedback thread.
(10-16-2014 12:11 AM)jesusfuentesh Wrote:  I tried to log in and it says this:

[Image: wd5f0nSR2.jpg]

You must click on "I forgot my password", and create a new one.

1v1: Gifted
2v2: Clever
2v2 with Po0r Yorick: Master League
2v2 with cosh2000, Willey34, Godfreykfho:Fluffy
Gamecenter:Apple 9763
[Image: sig.png]
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
10-16-2014, 01:35 AM
Ah ok. Thanks

Don't neglect your fellowship with God, family and study by playing video games. Be organized with your time

GC name: jesusfuentesh
Super-Titan 1v1; 2v2
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
10-16-2014, 03:23 AM
(10-15-2014 05:55 PM)awpertunity Wrote:  I like it. The main page seems a bit more cluttered and will take some getting used to but the threads themselves look much better already. Also like that it gives time since the post instead of time stamp.

I assume there is a way to filter out posts from topics we don't care about but I just haven't found it yet.

At the top you can click on the category you wish to drill down in (like this forum). If you're under 'all categories' it's simply a stream of conversations sorted by time. But the top nav bar gets you a pretty customized view of the forums for whatever suits your needs (be it, wanting only unread threads, just outwitters, favorites, etc)

If you wish to make an apple pie from scratch, you must first invent the universe. - Carl Sagan
10-16-2014, 04:03 AM (This post was last modified: 10-16-2014 04:06 AM by TheGreatErenan.)
As long as we don't lose our post counts, I am happy. Tongue

So Discourse uses the "like a specific post" mechanic instead of "rep a user" mechanic that MyBB has? I approve.

This will take some getting used to, but overall I like it.

I suppose we will need a new script to auto-convert replays into the super cool buttons that we get on this forum?

Oh wait...

Is there any mechanism for viewing the member list?

Is there any way to set up a preference for just putting all the threads into pages instead of auto-loading more when you scroll to the bottom?

[Image: 257k5t3.jpg][Image: 33mq0s8.jpg]
If you don't get my jokes, it's because of Postmodernism.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
10-16-2014, 04:34 AM
I already like discourse since I first read about it a while back
goodluck!
10-16-2014, 05:47 AM
Um, what will we lose in our migration from myBB to Discourse?

I am GameCenter's Chemoeum.

RIP, DL banner.

Explosions.

Go here!
10-16-2014, 06:34 AM
(10-16-2014 05:47 AM)Chemoeum Wrote:  Um, what will we lose in our migration from myBB to Discourse?

In terms of actual data, possibly file attachments to posts. I haven't seen a way to migrate those.

If you wish to make an apple pie from scratch, you must first invent the universe. - Carl Sagan
10-16-2014, 08:24 AM (This post was last modified: 10-16-2014 08:26 AM by Harti.)
From a usability dude's point of view this is kinda awkwardly designed, but I'm pretty sure it'll work when you give people some time.

jesusfuentesh Wrote:  Harti is like the silent lion. He never says any word, but when so, he was just waiting for his victim haha

[Image: sig.png]
10-16-2014, 09:53 AM
(10-16-2014 08:24 AM)Harti Wrote:  From a usability dude's point of view this is kinda awkwardly designed, but I'm pretty sure it'll work when you give people some time.

I'd certainly encourage everyone to give it a spin for the next few days to see how it feels. I had some reservations initially, but once I let go of the notions of forums circa 1998 it starts to feel pretty fluid. If there is a big opposition to moving to it then we'd definitely hold off as well.

10-16-2014, 10:55 AM (This post was last modified: 10-16-2014 11:09 AM by TheGreatAnt.)
At a brief overview, it would be nice to have a link or return to top otherwise, it is kind of annoying to try to get back to the other threads, or overview of latest posts.

Also, would there be some way to mark threads/discussions as read? Just found that feature in the "dismiss" section.

An actually how relevant are the "suggested topics"?

Just a few thoughts so far.

(10-15-2014 02:30 PM)[PETA] Doodat Wrote:  TGA is probably going to have to do that for us.
This sounds really interesting though, I'm going to have to read it more closely when I have time.

For those in the WP, the PM has been sent regarding access.

GC: TheGreatAnt