Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3.5 Average
The way things work in the ladders
07-19-2012, 09:43 PM (This post was last modified: 07-19-2012 09:45 PM by Hewitt.)
The way things work in the ladders
Hi there,

I bet, like me, a lot of you are wondering how do the ladders really work and how our score, promotions and demotions happen.

Just as an example I will use my case:

I started the game, as all of you, with the 5 placement games. I won them and I was placed in the master league.

Then I started climbing in the master league until the unfortunate reset of the ladders happened.

I read that we would be put in the same league most of the cases. Well i played the 5 new placement matches, won them all and was placed indeed on te master league.

After this I won 3 more games and was promoted to Titan. In Titan league I climbed to the 6th place in my division, beating many titans on the way ( onofre's arm was one of them)

Suddenly, after one of the wins, I am demoted to gifted league?????
I didn't really understand it but thought I would be promoted after a few wins to te master or Titan league again..... My mistake, I am on a 25 or something winning streak and I am still in the gifted league... It doesn't sound right.

Well I hope I could get some enlightenment from the devs as I am a huge fanboy of this game and would love to understand this important part of its longevity.

Cheers and thx in advance for all the help I can get

Hewitt
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
07-19-2012, 11:49 PM (This post was last modified: 07-19-2012 11:50 PM by oneadamleft.)
RE: The way things work in the ladders
I'll bring this to Alex's attention (he's the league-master).
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
07-20-2012, 02:17 AM
Thanks for the interest shown Wink
07-20-2012, 02:50 AM
This thread explains the unexpected ladder shifts a small portion of the userbase may have experienced. We've also since changed the promotion scheme, so if you do truly belong in whatever league, it shouldn't take nearly as long to get back there. Sorry about that!
07-20-2012, 09:25 AM
I'm still so unclear about what qualified you to move up. I got demoted from Super Titan to Gifted in the hubbub, but I've ranked up about 40 wins since that happened at a rate definitely greater than 75% of my games, probably closer to 85-90%. I'm now third in my division and finally beginning to see some Masters, but still no promotion. Any idea why its taking so long? I watch the replays of the divisions above me and I'm very confused about why the system thinks I'm so different from those players.
07-20-2012, 05:41 PM
I got bumped down to Gifted after the league reset.

Had a friend just finish his placement matches yesterday, and he got placed into Masters. First of all, I thought you weren't supposed to be placed immediately into Masters. Second of all, I regularly roflstomp this particular friend in friendly games (we're talking I get control of all 4 wit spaces on Foundry). Makes me wonder why I'm not at LEAST Masters.

While I'm very happy for him, I feel like this matchmaking system still makes no sense.

I AM THE 99.9997%!

[Image: sig.png]
07-21-2012, 01:16 AM
Just an update to my post to all in the same boat as I am/was:

After wining around 30 something games, with a victory percentage close to 95% I was finally promoted to master, as the devs said it would happen

thx again