Thread Rating:
  • 4 Vote(s) - 3.75 Average
Some unexpected ladder shifts may happen over the next few days
07-14-2012, 07:54 AM (This post was last modified: 07-17-2012 09:42 AM by onealexleft.)
Some unexpected ladder shifts may happen over the next few days
We had some early-days mishaps with placements that caused a flood of players to be placed incorrectly in masters/super titan leagues. We've fixed the placement issues and currently working on fixing the players' skill ratings.

As a result, some may fall out of 'super-titan/master' quickly after a few server-side tweaks over the next few days. We see a lot of the more higher skilled players now reaching those levels, and if you're stuck up there with 1-5 record against people who average a 90% win rate with 200 games played, you're going to have a bad time. Our goal is to make a relevant matchmaking system so you can enjoy your games, so please pardon our dust while we get things straightened out.

EDIT:
Good news is I just pushed an update to the server so that climbing between league tiers should be much easier now, so if you feel you deserve a higher league tier, it shouldn't take as long to get back to where you think you should be if that's truly the case.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
07-14-2012, 07:57 AM
RE: Some unexpected ladder shifts may happen over the next few days
Every player in his rightful league, I say. No point in priding yourself with the Super-Titan league if you don't know what Wit Spaces are for. Wink

I am in no way affiliated with or authorized by One Man Left Studios, LLC.
Any information on Outwitters I present is founded on personal experience, public knowledge or the Outwitters Beta Test.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
07-14-2012, 08:02 AM
Gonna get myself a tattoo tomorrow:

Heart Alex Heart

jesusfuentesh Wrote:  Harti is like the silent lion. He never says any word, but when so, he was just waiting for his victim haha

[Image: sig.png]
07-14-2012, 12:22 PM (This post was last modified: 07-14-2012 12:26 PM by Syvan.)
I noticed I've been getting about a third of the ladder points per win today than for yesterday. Is this because the new system is adjusting my opponent's skill making me highly favored or should we expect the new system to be more conservative with points.

For example, my last two matches against reasonably ranked super titans (8 and 40ish) have given me 6 points and removed 1 from them. Yesterday I would have expected to receive between 14 and 18.
07-14-2012, 12:25 PM
(07-14-2012 12:22 PM)Syvan Wrote:  I noticed I've been getting about a third of the ladder points per win today than for yesterday. Is this because the new system Is adjusting my opponent's skill making me highly favored or should we expect the new system to be more conservative with points.

For example, my last two matches against reasonably ranked super titans (8 and 25ish) have given me 6 points and removed 1 from them. Yesterday I would have expected to receive between 14 and 18.

lower point differentials generally means the system is seeing you as favored to win those matches.
07-14-2012, 12:39 PM
I had been placed in the Masters league. I just won a game, earned +34 points for a big win ... And got demoted. Hah!
07-14-2012, 01:24 PM
(07-14-2012 12:39 PM)Turk Wrote:  I had been placed in the Masters league. I just won a game, earned +34 points for a big win ... And got demoted. Hah!

Yep same here. Went 5-0 on placement matches got put into masters. Won every match since versus mainly other masters and was top 5 in my masters league. Then I got a match versus a clever (which i thought was odd) and got demoted to gifted after winning handily.

I don't get it. Makes no sense.
07-14-2012, 05:15 PM
Hopefully things will improve. I'm currently #1 in a master league division with 50 wins and >500 points. I don't think I've lost any of my last 20 games. As much as I like winning, one of the few real opponents was a number 1 master league player from another division but he made a few mistakes in the end. I didn't get a single game against a Super Titan player so far, only master league and a few ambitious gifted league players (who are usually better than many average master league players).
So yes, I hope people will be put in the right leagues soon. Maybe I'll have no chance against real Super Titan players but I'd like to get at least a chance to try.
07-14-2012, 05:19 PM
(07-14-2012 12:39 PM)Turk Wrote:  I had been placed in the Masters league. I just won a game, earned +34 points for a big win ... And got demoted. Hah!

Same here. Master League, then won against another Master - got a "congratulations, you've been demoted" message. Opponent is still a Master. Ladder algorithm needs a little tweaking.
07-14-2012, 11:15 PM
(07-14-2012 12:25 PM)onealexleft Wrote:  lower point differentials generally means the system is seeing you as favored to win those matches.

Thanks for the response, is there any way we can get an idea what your intended league distribution is?