Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
From Super-Titan to Gifted (??)
07-16-2012, 09:23 PM
Sad From Super-Titan to Gifted (??)
I've always been in Super-Titan, got my placement games 5-0, my ranked games W/L rateo is 14-5 (got many wins in friendly games), yesterday i was #37 in Clever Tree division and this morning i'm #5 in Gifted League Long Fish division..Why did this happen :/?.. do i really deserve to be in this league :/? I thought i was a good player for Master / Super-Titan..
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
07-16-2012, 09:27 PM
RE: From Super-Titan to Gifted (??)
There've been changes to the league/matchmaking system in regards to player skill and minimum games needed (read the sticky).

Once you play a little more and get a better record than 14-5 (which is roughly 75 per cent), you'll probably be promoted quickly.

jesusfuentesh Wrote:  Harti is like the silent lion. He never says any word, but when so, he was just waiting for his victim haha

[Image: sig.png]
07-16-2012, 09:33 PM
Well i'm 29-5 and in gifted Smile so i guess it is about right Smile although it is a bummer for you of course Wink
07-16-2012, 09:54 PM (This post was last modified: 07-16-2012 09:55 PM by ArtNJ.)
It took me almost 70 wins to 4 losses to get to Super Titan this morning. I agree it shouldnt take so long.

Edit: that is the total from the reset last weekend, after which I started in gifted. I got to master after going 25-1 or so, so had to do another 45-3 to get to Super Titan.
07-16-2012, 11:03 PM
(07-16-2012 09:44 PM)mkaen Wrote:  
(07-16-2012 09:27 PM)Harti Wrote:  and minimum games needed (read the sticky).

The sticky doesn't say anything clear about minimum games needed.

Yeah that out-of-context-ly cited passage isn't stated there at all but it's common sense; 5-0 is 100% and doesn't get you anywhere either.

jesusfuentesh Wrote:  Harti is like the silent lion. He never says any word, but when so, he was just waiting for his victim haha

07-16-2012, 11:05 PM
(07-16-2012 09:54 PM)ArtNJ Wrote:  It took me almost 70 wins to 4 losses to get to Super Titan this morning. I agree it shouldnt take so long.

Edit: that is the total from the reset last weekend, after which I started in gifted. I got to master after going 25-1 or so, so had to do another 45-3 to get to Super Titan.

I tought u were #1 in Super-Titan

So i need at least 90% wins to be in Super-Titan again?
07-16-2012, 11:08 PM (This post was last modified: 07-16-2012 11:14 PM by calmon.)
@GinoGinuzzi
I was placed with 5-0 into gifted but got upgrade to master very soon.

Meanwhile I'm 45-1 and 1st in my Master League Division (530 points) still waiting for a titan league entry.

So I think it was just this bug which brought you into titan league with 14-5.
07-16-2012, 11:12 PM
(07-16-2012 11:05 PM)GinoGinuzzi Wrote:  
(07-16-2012 09:54 PM)ArtNJ Wrote:  It took me almost 70 wins to 4 losses to get to Super Titan this morning. I agree it shouldnt take so long.

I tought u were #1 in Super-Titan

So i need at least 90% wins to be in Super-Titan again?

No one knows, the criteria is secret. I guess that woeked well for blizzard, but I personally hate it. Still, I kept at it and now I do get matched pretty much exclusively with strong players. That, however, took over 50 games to start happening.
07-17-2012, 04:36 AM
(07-17-2012 04:12 AM)mkaen Wrote:  
(07-16-2012 11:03 PM)Harti Wrote:  
(07-16-2012 09:44 PM)mkaen Wrote:  
(07-16-2012 09:27 PM)Harti Wrote:  and minimum games needed (read the sticky).

The sticky doesn't say anything clear about minimum games needed.

Yeah that out-of-context-ly cited passage isn't stated there at all but it's common sense; 5-0 is 100% and doesn't get you anywhere either.

Context wasn't important, and this is not exactly common sense. Smile If there is a requirement that a certain number of games be completed per time to not get double-demoted from titan to gifted *without ever losing*, that would be wonderful to know, but nothing of the sort is mentioned.

It's reasonable to be placed highly after only 5-0, especially if you queued them up in a staggered way.

But there's no common sense aspect to this regarding a "minimum games needed" to maintain league without being dropped down skipping over masters completely back to gifted. Either that's the way it's working, and explains the double-demotions, or it isn't. Afaik, we don't have any info on this.

That's all I'm trying to say.

Thank you for explaination Smile +1

and thank you everyone else
07-17-2012, 04:38 AM (This post was last modified: 07-17-2012 04:42 AM by Harti.)
@mkaen:
One should only get into the higher leagues if they're winning constantly over time. Five games are completed in 1-2 days.

The placement matches don't (or at least shouldn't anymore) get you into a game with a STL player. And even if they do and you manage to win against the STL player, who can tell if they aren't that good or just had a bad day, misclicked, got booted or whatsoever? The system can't really know (except for the boot), so there is no point in placing someone into STL after winning their five placement matches.

Not even if they won 5 times against distinct STL #1s in their placement matches.

You can roll a six with a six-sided die five times in a row. It is highly unlikely but it occasionally happens and still you can't consider the die to be manipulated. If that streak continues even further you will eventually have proof for a manipulation.
The matchmaking system is just like that. If you win five games in a row, even against Super-Titans only, it could well be that FTA also played a role? Whatever the case, my point is:

Harti Wrote:One should only get into the higher leagues if they're winning constantly over time.

If it's something you can reproduce a whole lot of times, though, you should of course be considered skilled enough. Super-Titan league (and Master League as well I would say) should be something you have to earn. I remember that about 10 days ago people had won their placements 5-0 against Master League players, got placed into Master League, and these were people who didn't seem to know what a bonus space is and thought that spamming Heavies or building a Bombshell and leaving it exposed with 1 HP (or shelling it up on the only spawn point) was totally a winning strategy.

Just keep playing man, if you're good enough you'll make it in no time. There are no official numbers about that but I think for Super-Titan league it's something alongside 75 games played in total with a good enough win ratio against Masters and Super-Titans. This is completely reasonable.