Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Dwarf Fortress Thread
07-15-2012, 03:40 PM
Dwarf Fortress Thread
I'm curious to see if there are any other Outwitters players who also play Dwarf Fortress, and if there is any interest in getting a bloodline/succession game going here! I think it could be a lot of fun seeing what would come out of it - I've read several succession games after the fact and they all seem to become a great community bonding experience. What do you think?

Current Ranked League Info:
1v1 Master (Promoted 7-24-12)
Total League Wins: 210
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
08-03-2012, 01:37 AM
RE: Dwarf Fortress Thread
I can't commit to a SG atm, but I thought I'd drop in and register my love/hate affair with the masterpiece that is Dwarf Fortress.
08-07-2012, 03:06 AM
Yeah it's a hell of a lot of fun - tough but just crazy. I've got a legendary axelord in one of my games who is missing an arm - he has four times the kills the rest of my military guys have!

I was hoping to get a large number of people, so each person gets a single turn and then could just follow along with what's happening, so it wouldn't be a huge time commitment for each person.

08-07-2012, 06:26 AM
I've dabbled a little in Dwarf Fortress. Don't have any experience with bloodline or succession. Not really even sure what they are.

I AM THE 99.9997%!

[Image: sig.png]
08-07-2012, 11:22 PM (This post was last modified: 08-07-2012 11:28 PM by xSkeletalx.)
(08-07-2012 06:26 AM)pookywb Wrote:  I've dabbled a little in Dwarf Fortress. Don't have any experience with bloodline or succession. Not really even sure what they are.

Basically the way it works is that one person starts the fort, plays an ingame year (usually takes me 1-3 day's play to finish a year), and then sends the file to the next player in the succession, who plays his/her year, and then sends it to the next person. This continues as long as people are interested, or until the fort dies. See this link for a quick overview of how a succession game works. I think it would be fun!

08-08-2012, 12:11 AM
I'm up for it!

It'd probably take me longer than that to finish a year though...

I AM THE 99.9997%!

[Image: sig.png]
08-22-2012, 11:31 PM
Anyone else interested in this? I'd like to get this going with a few people at least!

08-23-2012, 10:10 AM
Check back with me in a week or two- maybe I could be persuaded when I have more time. I love few things more than murderously torturing those hapless dwarves because I forgot to clear the miasma, or vent the lava, or gather enough food, or gather the right ingredients for the crazed craftsman's super-project... LOL.

Strike the Earth!

Visit Outwitters, Analysis, and You! — an epic thread of Resource, Unit, and Map Analysis!