Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
OSN Data Sharing Initiative
03-08-2014, 02:59 AM (This post was last modified: 04-21-2014 01:25 PM by CodePenguin.)
Question OSN Data Sharing Initiative
Exclamation Current data snapshots are available at http://osn.codepenguin.com/labs/data

Over the past couple years OSN has collected a massive amount of data. In the last week OML made a couple modifications that have helped OSN get much more accurate data for divisions and rankings. They have also made it so league replays are automatically submitted to OSN after a slight delay.

I would like to open up the data in OSN so that it is available to everyone in easy to use formats. This way statistically minded individuals can find new and interesting uses for the data that will add value to the community.

So the questions are:
  • Are you interested?
  • What kind of information would you like to have access to?
  • How often would you need the data updated? (Real-Time, Weekly, Monthly, etc.)
  • What format would you want the data in? (CSV, Tab Delimited, SQLite database, etc.)
  • What would you do with the data? (Just a brief example)
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
03-08-2014, 03:22 AM (This post was last modified: 03-08-2014 03:23 AM by Juslas.)
RE: OSN Data Sharing Initiative
I would like to have ranking history data presented as a graph. Being able to select couple of players or teams and to see if they were climbing or declining. Any spread sheet can draw that to me.
03-08-2014, 03:33 AM
One thing I really want is the ability to search for head-to-head matches - this would be for review for matches against a certain opponent

What you're doing right now is great, but as a suggestion, most updates would probably best coincide with the weekly ranking updates.

Doowhat? Doodat? Okey:3

1v1 Super-Titan - Peak #32 // Current #56 as AlliDooisRush
2v2 - w/jesusfuentesh #7
2v2 Master League - w/baustin #17 // w/Juslas #85 // Randoms #38
03-08-2014, 03:36 AM
This is awesome, but wait, did you say that all league games are automatically submitted now?? That's a HUGE change. This means I'll have countless hours of replays to watch!

Big Grin

"Love is patient, love is kind....It does not dishonor others, is not self-seeking, is not easily angered, it keeps no record of wrongs. Love does not delight in evil but rejoices with the truth. It always protects, always trusts, always hopes, always perseveres." 1st Corinthians 13:4
03-08-2014, 03:42 AM
I'm a statistician, and I'm definitely interested.
Generally I have no idea what I can analyze or what information I want until I really see the whole data.
Could I have an example of data with a few rows and all possible columns to see how it's like? csv or tab delimited would both be fine to me.
I know i'm greedy Big Grin

Fluffy League
03-08-2014, 03:45 AM
Wow that's amazing all ranked games are auto-loaded. Thanks!

The Gruff Billies Clan:
Yeah. We ate your grass, bub.
Fluffy League Whatcha gonna do? Fluffy League
03-08-2014, 03:46 AM (This post was last modified: 03-08-2014 03:50 AM by His_Daddy.)
(03-08-2014 03:45 AM)aaronINdayton Wrote:  Wow that's amazing all ranked games are auto-loaded. Thanks!

Yep, this is awesome. Time to watch poweewee vs ler4t

(03-08-2014 03:36 AM)[PETA] Cor13:4 Wrote:  This is awesome, but wait, did you say that all league games are automatically submitted now?? That's a HUGE change. This means I'll have countless hours of replays to watch!

Big Grin

And seems all the friendly are auto uploaded as well...

Fluffy League
03-08-2014, 06:56 AM
I would think something like CSV or tab delimited would be the simplest to use as you could just use Excel instead of needing something to handle the SQLite data.

It would be cool to be able to accurately track win/loss ratios of certain people and see how it affects how they're moving up and down. Too bad you don't have the data for the hidden ranking too.

[Image: sig.png]
03-08-2014, 09:36 AM
Another thing that would be cool to reference is a win/loss against individual players in league and friendly matches.

[Image: sig.png]
03-08-2014, 11:05 AM
it'd be cool to see a pie chart that shows which teams are used by which percentage of players in each league. that's my 2 cents

GameCenter: ElPared
Master League Crying Foot Master League

OSN Player Profile: ElPared -- I'm always posting both wins and losses, critiques welcome