http://www.onemanleft.com/forums/showthread.php?tid=321
We already have a thread...
Server problem most likely
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
07-14-2012, 08:30 AM
RE: Sudden Crashing
(07-14-2012 08:29 AM)mkaen Wrote:  
(07-14-2012 08:25 AM)Mowmail Wrote:  http://www.onemanleft.com/forums/showthread.php?tid=321
We already have a thread...
Server problem most likely
The problem is the title of that thread doesn't reflect the problem we're all discussing inside that thread, which is the apparent server-side issues & crashing.

Yet, I strongly feel they are related. Without server, there probably is nor ranking et cetera.

I am in no way affiliated with or authorized by One Man Left Studios, LLC.
Any information on Outwitters I present is founded on personal experience, public knowledge or the Outwitters Beta Test.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
07-14-2012, 08:44 AM
It's really bad timing. They just got a glowing review for the game @ Tourch Arcade and now the servers are down. Everyone who is trying the game right now based on the review won't be happy and will probably leave some bad review. Oh well, sh*t happens.
07-14-2012, 08:47 AM
Interestingly, for me it seems to happen at the point GC link is established. The app survives until the moment GC says 'welcome back'.

Also, iOS App Store functions are not working. Wider Apple server issue instead?
07-14-2012, 08:51 AM
Yeah maybe it's an Apple thing?! I just tried to update another App and it's not working either. Maybe Apple's fault.
07-14-2012, 08:52 AM
TA doesn't get click "kick-back" from freemium games. Smile
07-14-2012, 08:52 AM
(07-14-2012 08:47 AM)mkaen Wrote:  
(07-14-2012 08:44 AM)MarkH Wrote:  They just got a glowing review for the game @ [...]

4.5 stars?
Only 4.5?!

ARE THEY SERIOUS?

I've lost what little respect I may have had for TA, with all their pushing of nickel-and-dimey "free to play" junk, and now this.

This is a 10-star game, and they didn't even give their highest rating. No they reserve that for tripe like pocket planes.

/endrant

Big Grin While I agree that this is a 5 star game, I think 4.5 stars is good enough to get some attention. I don't think it's that bad not to get that last 0.5 stars even though OML would have deserved it.
07-14-2012, 08:53 AM
(07-14-2012 08:47 AM)ricard Wrote:  Interestingly, for me it seems to happen at the point GC link is established. The app survives until the moment GC says 'welcome back'.

Also, iOS App Store functions are not working. Wider Apple server issue instead?

Starting Outwitters while being logged out of GC does not produce a crash at all. However, once you log in it crashes. This is very strange.

I am in no way affiliated with or authorized by One Man Left Studios, LLC.
Any information on Outwitters I present is founded on personal experience, public knowledge or the Outwitters Beta Test.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
07-14-2012, 08:54 AM
It doesn't crash when I load up any other game with GC. Unlikely Apple.

I left a notice in the TouchArcade review that right now the server is undergoing maintenance which is why the app will crash, and ask for their patience before the flamewar even begins.

jesusfuentesh Wrote:  Harti is like the silent lion. He never says any word, but when so, he was just waiting for his victim haha

[Image: sig.png]