Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
07-13-2012, 06:27 AM
Back/Undo
Have you thought about a back or undo button? I was just playing a league game and was about to win but my cat bumped my elbow and I attacked the wrong target.
I understand that you may not want it for attacking due to the fog of war but it is super frustrating if you attack the wrong target and it is a win lose situation.

Any thoughts?
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
07-13-2012, 06:43 AM
RE: Back/Undo
You can turn off confirmation though yeah? So are we back to two?

Also Outwitters for cats, GEINUS!
07-13-2012, 06:43 AM
@stayunspoiled:
You can drag your finger from the unit you would want to attack with to the unit you would like to attack. As long as you don't release your finger you can still adjust to the correct target. This is particularly useful when there's many attack targets close to each other and you want to get the middle one, for instance. But that's pretty much all you can do. An undo button is unlikely to happen.

jesusfuentesh Wrote:  Harti is like the silent lion. He never says any word, but when so, he was just waiting for his victim haha

[Image: sig.png]
07-13-2012, 06:45 AM (This post was last modified: 07-13-2012 06:46 AM by stayunspoiled.)
I just checked and it's a move confirm not attack confirm. Could there be a switch for confining attacks too maybe? Then it is optional.
07-13-2012, 07:04 AM (This post was last modified: 07-13-2012 07:05 AM by Harti.)
Dragging makes the blue Tilt to Live Viva la Turret! shard collecting sound <3

How does one NOT want to use it?!??!

Nah, I understand your point. But for attacking a mistap is more likely than a misrelease.

jesusfuentesh Wrote:  Harti is like the silent lion. He never says any word, but when so, he was just waiting for his victim haha

[Image: sig.png]
07-13-2012, 09:26 AM
if you can undo your move, you can get information: for example you shoot with the shellbomber and hit somebody in the dark, you know what unit it is. now you undo this and can do your correct move.

nope to the undo function
07-13-2012, 10:17 AM
I know where you're coming from. I just lost a game because I misclicked. Both our bases had 1 hp left. My opponent had no way of stopping my unit next turn. All I had to do was kill his unit next to my base but I misclicked and moved my guy one space too far so I couldn't attack him. It was pretty frustrating to lose that way... but at the same time, I'd have to say no to an undo feature. Yea it's annoying when you lose due to a misclick instead of due to actual strategy, but it'd probably be a huge pain to implement an undo feature. That and it would add clutter to the interface.

The one thing I really feel is necessary is adding a confirm feature when ending your turn. It's really easy to accidentally click 'end turn'. Moving or attacking on accident is much harder because there is a confirmation prompt, but ending your turn prematurely requires a single misclick. I almost dropped my phone once for example but managed to catch it. However, I hit the end turn button -.- that was just a pass and play game though so it was okay in that instance but I can only imagine how annoying it would have been in a close league match.

[Image: supertitanreplay.png]
07-13-2012, 10:38 AM
I've had a few times where I accidently did something I did not mean too. The worst was getting invited to play a team game, then on my second turn managing to select the wrong target for an important attack. When two units are side by side, it sometimes can be tricky getting the one you want.
07-13-2012, 02:14 PM
I agree with those saying 'no' to an undo button - it would make FOW pointless. I wouldn't mind having an option you could enable to require confirmation of attacks or actions, though.

Current Ranked League Info:
1v1 Master (Promoted 7-24-12)
Total League Wins: 210
07-13-2012, 08:48 PM
I agree with the no undo after thinking about it but what about the confirm attack like the confirm move option?