Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Colorblind settings
07-13-2012, 02:56 AM
Colorblind settings
I posted this feature request in an another thread but seeing as this is important for some people to be able to play I think this topic deserves its own thread.

I would love to see colorblind settings implemented for 2v2 games. Sometimes difficulties arises it deciphering between allied units that are green or yellow with enemy units of these two colors. Since I am colorblind all units become an orangeish tint when they get closer together on the board making it difficult to figure out who is who.

Maybe a good way to solve this would be to allow the players to change team colors to colorblind friendly colors or adding indicators on top of allied units to signify that they are friendly. Great game. Thanks again.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
07-13-2012, 03:19 AM
RE: Colorblind settings
I had said something on your other post, but I will again on here.
I want colorblind settings too. I have the same problem distinguishing the green and yellow units.
07-13-2012, 03:27 AM
If I remember correctly, I brought up this before (during beta) but it didn't seem to be too important for the 1.0 release yet.

The idea was to make opposing teams' units look into the opposite direction. Not sure if this is going to be enough of an indicator, though.

If the above doesn't work: What colors would have to be replaced by which in order to help you distinguish the units? Green by dark blue? I have no idea.

jesusfuentesh Wrote:  Harti is like the silent lion. He never says any word, but when so, he was just waiting for his victim haha

[Image: sig.png]
07-13-2012, 03:30 AM
It's just a nice thing for us to have.
Even if they make the green like a forest green (darker), we (at least I) would be ok. The problem is that the light green blends in with the yellow.
07-13-2012, 03:38 AM
Maybe blue and light purple vs red and yellow or a change green to a very dark green?? I play hero academy and the units facing different directions is what really helps out in that game.
07-13-2012, 03:42 AM
Blue and light purple,or really any purple, would be difficult for me.
07-15-2012, 10:23 PM
FWIW: there are two types of color blindness: red-green and blue-yellow, with varying degrees.
07-15-2012, 10:30 PM
You could try switching on the "white on black" setting.

Settings -> General -> Accessibility -> White on Black (On)
07-16-2012, 09:04 AM
well my dawg ralph, i didnt know you were colorblind. how peculiar!!! i appreciate you making this post since i didnt use the forums.
10-15-2012, 04:00 AM (This post was last modified: 10-15-2012 04:14 AM by ChamomileMF.)
This actually coincides with the recent discussion regarding additional revenue streams for Outwitters (see outwitters Oct. 11 news post, or forum thread: "Outwitters' low revenue - Marketing suggestions and ideas for OML").

On this thread they discuss adding additional team colors and customizations as a way to add in-app purchases and revenue. While I am a huge supporter of the game and would willingly pay for such services, other colorblind people may not want to do so. still, I would be ecstatic if they would add these options.

I believe the best, and easiest way to delineate between teams and colors is to add an additional symbol on top of the characters. This would ensure maximum accessibility to not just us common R/G colorblind people but also the B/Y and fully colorblind people.

Making this an option in the settings would further ensure that those who are not colorblind would not be annoyed by this modification.

As it stands, those with IOS6 can just invert colors on their device. That seems to help even if it looks weird.

I apologize for any errors, typing on a phone.

(07-15-2012 10:30 PM)SC-FTW Wrote:  You could try switching on the "white on black" setting.

Settings -> General -> Accessibility -> White on Black (On)

This is no longer available on IOS 6... Would have been nice

Edit: 'white on black' and 'invert colors' are the same thing. Apple just changed the name. Sorry