Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Blitz Beach - move bases a hex away from centerline
01-09-2014, 05:50 PM (This post was last modified: 02-05-2014 07:51 PM by Juslas.)
Blitz Beach - move bases a hex away from centerline
This post was written before 2v2 FTA fix. Some of the outdated sentences are greyed out. Thank you very much OML, for the FTA fix and keeping 102 hour turn time limit.

Doubles is neglected by players and sadly by OML, too.
Turn time limit discussion is lively, that is good, players care about Outwitters. I am afraid that results from the turn time limit poll are bad for time consuming thoughtful 2v2 teamwork.
There is FTA trouble with 2v2. Sadly there is no sign that issue will be addressed.

There are numerous troubles in balance of 2v2 maps. If FTA would be addressed (as in 1v1) then most maps would likely be quite balanced. Blitz Beach is a big question mark to me though.

If FTA is not addressed. I repeat that FTA should be addressed! But if not:
Blitz Beach bases should be moved a hexagon away from center line. That would eliminate bombshell shooting base (quite safely) over the chasm. This tactic is common for team with FTA (with turn 2 specials).
If FTA is addressed, balance issue on Blitz Beach could turn around and be even worse than it is now. I believe that bases further apart would help the balance with current 2v2 rules and also in case of FTA fixed rules.

2v2 gameplay has evolved. During season 1 the use of several specials at the same time was rare. Because first gen maps are tight, teams had no time to save wits. During season 3 new tactic take over in grand scale: turn 2 specials. And this worked especially well on old maps. And team with FTA can afford to save those wits during first turn. New maps, where spawns are further away from each other, balance is better. Though turn 2 specials are ok tactic on those maps, too.

This thread should be about Blitz Beach. Please start another thread if you have issues with another maps. I do have issues with another maps, too. But FTA fix most likely would resolve them. I am doubtful about Blitz Beach, therefore I propose change for the map.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
Blitz Beach - move bases a hex away from centerline - Juslas - 01-09-2014 05:50 PM