One Man Left Studios Community Forums
Blitz Beach - move bases a hex away from centerline - Printable Version

+- One Man Left Studios Community Forums (http://www.onemanleft.com/forums)
+-- Forum: General (/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Outwitters (/forumdisplay.php?fid=11)
+--- Thread: Blitz Beach - move bases a hex away from centerline (/showthread.php?tid=2942)

Pages: 1 2

Blitz Beach - move bases a hex away from centerline - Juslas - 01-09-2014 05:50 PM

This post was written before 2v2 FTA fix. Some of the outdated sentences are greyed out. Thank you very much OML, for the FTA fix and keeping 102 hour turn time limit.

Doubles is neglected by players and sadly by OML, too.
Turn time limit discussion is lively, that is good, players care about Outwitters. I am afraid that results from the turn time limit poll are bad for time consuming thoughtful 2v2 teamwork.
There is FTA trouble with 2v2. Sadly there is no sign that issue will be addressed.

There are numerous troubles in balance of 2v2 maps. If FTA would be addressed (as in 1v1) then most maps would likely be quite balanced. Blitz Beach is a big question mark to me though.

If FTA is not addressed. I repeat that FTA should be addressed! But if not:
Blitz Beach bases should be moved a hexagon away from center line. That would eliminate bombshell shooting base (quite safely) over the chasm. This tactic is common for team with FTA (with turn 2 specials).
If FTA is addressed, balance issue on Blitz Beach could turn around and be even worse than it is now. I believe that bases further apart would help the balance with current 2v2 rules and also in case of FTA fixed rules.

2v2 gameplay has evolved. During season 1 the use of several specials at the same time was rare. Because first gen maps are tight, teams had no time to save wits. During season 3 new tactic take over in grand scale: turn 2 specials. And this worked especially well on old maps. And team with FTA can afford to save those wits during first turn. New maps, where spawns are further away from each other, balance is better. Though turn 2 specials are ok tactic on those maps, too.

This thread should be about Blitz Beach. Please start another thread if you have issues with another maps. I do have issues with another maps, too. But FTA fix most likely would resolve them. I am doubtful about Blitz Beach, therefore I propose change for the map.

RE: Blitz Beach - move bases a hex away from centerline - Mag!cGuy - 01-10-2014 03:59 AM

The combo mobi/bombshell on this map as P1 is indeed.. Damn powerful.

RE: Blitz Beach - move bases a hex away from centerline - GreatGonzales - 01-10-2014 04:09 AM

Agree with this. Blitz Beach probably has the most 2v2 FTA, followed by either Mach or Mech. This sounds like it would make the map a bit more interesting.

RE: Blitz Beach - move bases a hex away from centerline - Juslas - 02-05-2014 04:41 AM

outwitters://viewgame?id=ahRzfm91dHdpdHRlcnNnYW1lLWhyZHIVCxIIR2FtZVJvb20YgICAlP7XuggM

outwitters://viewgame?id=ahRzfm91dHdpdHRlcnNnYW1lLWhyZHIVCxIIR2FtZVJvb20YgICA5JO61QgM

I have had my share of losing on Blitz Beach. These matches are with old rules. Finally my team had some FTA to help us. Since I haven't had an opportunity to play Blitz Beach with new rules, I bumb this thread. Maybe someone posts new rules match here.

RE: Blitz Beach - move bases a hex away from centerline - CombatEX - 02-05-2014 07:08 AM

You should probably alter the original post to reflect recent changes.

RE: Blitz Beach - move bases a hex away from centerline - Juslas - 03-04-2014 02:05 AM

This match is with FTA fix. Green plays as player 2 and executes mighty rush against team 1 who goes all in turn 2 specials (season 3 style).
outwitters://viewgame?id=ahRzfm91dHdpdHRlcnNnYW1lLWhyZHIVCxIIR2FtZVJvb20YgICAzLH2-ggM

RE: Blitz Beach - move bases a hex away from centerline - PowerCrazy - 03-07-2014 04:55 AM

outwitters://viewgame?id=ahRzfm91dHdpdHRlcnNnYW1lLWhyZHIVCxIIR2FtZVJvb20YgICApN20oAsM

Here is a game vs the #1 2v2 team. They've fallen a bit since, but they were #1 at the time.

The FTA fix was applied for this game, which helped mitigate the aggressive first turn play.

RE: Blitz Beach - move bases a hex away from centerline - Juslas - 03-07-2014 09:56 PM

Claiming bonus hex on turn 13 against Gavin Wins and P0werCrazy! Japsie and acameronp are agressive team, they do attack well.
outwitters://viewgame?id=ahRzfm91dHdpdHRlcnNnYW1lLWhyZHIRCxIIR2FtZVJvb20Y37X_Aww
This is old rules match that shows they have done the rush before. With FTA they most likely have had plenty of wins - with a rush.

RE: Blitz Beach - move bases a hex away from centerline - Juslas - 03-10-2014 04:06 PM

This new rules match is pretty straight forward race who gets the bombshell shoot the base faster. Team 1 wins, though team 2 could have been faster. Easier to spot wasted wits from replay. Winner was random 2v2 team, losers were newbies getting placed straight to master league (4-1 ratio).

outwitters://viewgame?id=ahRzfm91dHdpdHRlcnNnYW1lLWhyZHIVCxIIR2FtZVJvb20YgICArMPu9AkM

RE: Blitz Beach - move bases a hex away from centerline - Juslas - 03-21-2014 03:19 AM

Though being in the team 1 doing turn 2 specials and lifting bombshell to the winning hex ...
This new rules match felt the same as old rules FTA - sure opponent should have blocked the mobi sniper path, but this map would benefit being larger.
Though tighter maps keep matches shorter, I guess that's a good thing.

outwitters://viewgame?id=ahRzfm91dHdpdHRlcnNnYW1lLWhyZHIVCxIIR2FtZVJvb20YgICAnMXelQoM

OSN data had only handful of new rules Super Titan matches. Have to wait to gather more match data.