Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
12-31-2013, 04:06 AM
RE: 2014 Outwitters World Cup! [Registrations Open]
I would like to enter the World Cup

Renzo818
Gifted league #13
U.K

(12-12-2013 11:20 AM)Torbreck Wrote:  Torbreck and Awpertunity are pleased to bring to you

The 2014 Outwitters World Cup!

The history of this event so far:
1st World Cup was won by Alvendor (Sweden)
2nd World Cup was won by poweewee (Philippines)

In January 2014 the next instalment of this great event will be held and at stake is the chance to claim the title of Outwitters World Cup Champion for you and your country. The US has been runners up both times; will this be their year to stand atop the podium?

Not only is pride for your country at stake but in this tournament there will also be prizes on offer. Torbreck will be sponsoring a prize for 1st / 2nd and 3rd place plus one additional mystery prize (to be unveiled later - but I can say it is not likely to be won by anyone in the top 20 or 30)

1st Prize: $150
2nd Prize: $100
3rd Prize: $50
Mystery Prize: $50

Prizes will be in the form of a monetary gift / debit card in USD or (if appropriate) equivalent foreign currency depending on the country of the recipient.

Important disclaimer - this competition and the prizes are NOT sponsored by One Man Left and as such they are in no way responsible for the prizes or outcome of the competition.

All competitors that reach the round of 16 will be required to provide name, email and address details in order to receive prizes.

Competitors
The World Cup competition is open to players of any level and I would encourage those in all leagues to enter particularly with the ‘mystery prize’ on offer.

The first 80 entrants will be accepted. The seeding for pool placement will be based on top 200 ranking and thereafter your tier, league ranking and points as at the conclusion of season 3.

If for some reason you do not have a season 3 ranking, but you have a prior season ranking then you may still apply noting this fact. If you are new to the game in season 4 then welcome to the community! and you are also welcome to register but in the event of over subscription existing players with season 3 rankings will be given first option. (I hope I'm not sounding too harsh ?)

The second generation Maps and the Uber pack (or at least 3 races) are required to participate.

You must be over the age of 13 to participate and prize winners under the age of 18 will required to provide parental contact details in order to receive their prize.

Pools and assigned maps will be published on 14th January 2014 and the competition will commence thereafter.

The Competition

The format of the competition is designed such that you will need to have expertise with more than one race, however you will not necessarily have to play with every race.

Pool matches
Players will be seeded and grouped into 16 pools of 5 players each. Each player will play the other 4 players twice (Once each as P1 and P2) with the top 2 players in each pool progressing through to the semi finals.
In the event of a 2-way tie then the result of the head to head match against the 2 tied players will be used as the decider or if even the highest total base points. In the event of a 3-(or more) way tie then it will be decided by highest total base points at the end of the game in the matches against the tied opponents. If it is still not decided then a tie-breaker match will be set.

Race Restriction - you may not use the same race more than 3 times in the pool matches.
(tie breaker matches if required are exempt from this)

Semi-final knockout
The top 32 contestants from the pool matches will then face off in a series of best-of-3 elimination semi finals. The position in which a player finishes in the pool match will determine who they play in the semi finals. None of the winners of each pool will play each other in the first round. The extra P1 game will rotate between each semi.

There is no loser's bracket / no redemption island! Once you lose a best of three set then that is it (with the exception of the last semi final - see below)

The final 2 players will proceed to the grand final

Race Restriction - you must use a different race in each set of 3 semi final matches.

Grand Final
The grand final will be played out as a best of 5 with the eventual winner crowned and duly rewarded

3rd Place and 4th place (the losers of the last semi finals) will duke it out similarly for the 3rd place reward.

Race Restriction - you may not use the same race more than 2 times in the grand final matches.

Additional Rules

Time-outs
In order to ensure that the games move along quickly the technical time-out will be set at no more than 3 days. If the game timer shows "4 days ago" it will be considered a time-out loss.

Starting Games
All games for the pool matches must be started with 14 days of the competition commencing and played concurrently.

All 3 semi-final games must also be started within 7 days of both competitors of that semi being determined and published on the forum.

Request for Extra time
If a player is unable to start a game within the time frames they may make a request for extra time to the organisers and these will be considered individually.

Absent/Missing players
If for any reason a player fails to start any of his/her matches in the pool matches they may be replaced by another player on the standby list.
If a player is absent after starting some of their games then they will not be replaced and all remaining games will be counted as a loss. Any games they have won will still stand.
If a player does not show for a semi final match then they will be replaced by either the loser of their previous semi final they were in or the next person from their pool (in the case of the first semi-final round).

Conduct
Conduct by any players that is considered (in the unanimous decision of the organisers) to be contrary to the competition and the game including hacking etc will be expunged from, or denied entry to the competition.

For full transparency Torbreck and Awpertunity will both also be competing in this competition, if any decision or disputes arise concerning either then it will be dealt with by the other, or, if required, a nominated high ranking impartial player.

Registration
To register please post here with:

Your GCID
Your top 200 ranking or tier and league ranking as at the conclusion of season 3.
The country you are representing (optional but good to see how global the game is)

e.g.:
GCID: ===Torbreck===
Ranking: Top 200 #4

Lastly, and above all - have fun!!!!! and good luck!
12-31-2013, 04:16 AM
(12-31-2013 04:01 AM).Memories. Wrote:  
(12-31-2013 03:58 AM)Ajforbes20 Wrote:  
(12-31-2013 03:42 AM)[PETA] Doodat Wrote:  Hey profe32! I just played you, hope you don't mind I posted it here. I'm sure you were top 200 too, let me check

Aww you're not there :c

Where do you check that?

http://www.onemanleft.com/forums/showthr...p?tid=2891

A new thread comes out every week with the current standings. That one is from this past Friday.

Er, we are using the old S3 rankings:
Final S3 rankings

As to the replay, it's on the share your replays thread.

Doowhat? Doodat? Okey:3

1v1 Super-Titan - Peak #32 // Current #56 as AlliDooisRush
2v2 - w/jesusfuentesh #7
2v2 Master League - w/baustin #17 // w/Juslas #85 // Randoms #38
12-31-2013, 04:17 AM
(12-31-2013 04:16 AM)[PETA] Doodat Wrote:  Er, we are using the old S3 rankings:
Final S3 rankings

Well then.. I'll just keep my big nose out of this.

Carry on.

[Image: sig.png][Image: 2q2lq9y.jpg]
12-31-2013, 04:28 AM
Dovmiester
Gifted league #21
America
12-31-2013, 04:34 AM
I would love to enter if i may!
GCID: GarbonzoKingdom
Gifted: #15
12-31-2013, 04:45 AM
GCID: hobbes rule
Ranking: gifted league #5
12-31-2013, 05:00 AM (This post was last modified: 12-31-2013 05:01 AM by Pytosz.)
Please sign me in!

pytosz
Top 200 #47
Poland

Super-Titan Pytosz the challenger!
12-31-2013, 05:01 AM
frosty6731
Gifted #1
USA
12-31-2013, 05:38 AM
GCID: henrygg98
Gifted league #69 (at the end of season 3)
US