Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 4 Average
12-14-2013, 05:29 AM
RE: Season 4!
Hi! Can you explain to me what is the idea of having a new season? 80% of the teams in my "new" league are the same as in previous season Sad and I was hoping to get some new matchups!

Super-Titan Pytosz the challenger!
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
12-14-2013, 05:34 AM
(12-09-2013 11:10 AM)onealexleft Wrote:  
(12-09-2013 08:04 AM)CombatEX Wrote:  
(12-07-2013 10:16 AM)TheGoldenGriffin Wrote:  Season 1 lasted about 5 months, season 2 about 4 months, and season 3 about 8 months. Why aren't the season turnovers automated?

I agree they should be automated. Say - once every 3 or 4 months. But OML has been working on TTL2 so even though automating would probably save time in the long run Alex probably just hasn't had time.

Anyway... time to change all my account names so they'll be what I want them to be in the Season 4 rankings =P

It'd be nice, and maybe one day...
but in reality they also server a secondary purpose: maintenance window. When the servers go down for the season rollover is when I typically do any backend maintenance for any issues that was on my to-do list. Also, rollovers aren't as well tested as I'd like them to be, as each season has had me go in and fix a few things before turning things back on. Hopefully subsequent seasons get smoother and smoother as I iron the kinks out and downtime is minimized. This past week I already was able to do some decent backend fixes without taking servers down, so hopefully the S4 downtime will be even smaller.

And it enables the rankings to be fairer, because all the inactive players are kicked Smile

You can ask a...
[Image: 6BmXQqC.jpg]
(drawing by Chemoeum)

[Image: sig.png]
12-14-2013, 05:50 AM
(12-14-2013 05:29 AM)Pytosz Wrote:  Hi! Can you explain to me what is the idea of having a new season? 80% of the teams in my "new" league are the same as in previous season Sad and I was hoping to get some new matchups!

You're not bound to only play those in your league. The leagues are just paper groupings and nothing more.

12-14-2013, 06:03 AM (This post was last modified: 12-14-2013 06:04 AM by .Memories..)
(12-14-2013 05:50 AM)lawtai Wrote:  
(12-14-2013 05:29 AM)Pytosz Wrote:  Hi! Can you explain to me what is the idea of having a new season? 80% of the teams in my "new" league are the same as in previous season Sad and I was hoping to get some new matchups!

You're not bound to only play those in your league. The leagues are just paper groupings and nothing more.

I think you both meant "division", not "league".

Pytosz: Leagues are Fluffy through Super-Titan; divisions are the groupings that don't mean anything within each league. The system will match you up with people in other divisions, just check on your next few games and you should see this. I think there's only one or two Super-Titan divisions, though, so if you're ST then this won't apply as much.

Smile

[Image: sig.png][Image: 2q2lq9y.jpg]
12-14-2013, 06:05 AM
last season there were 2 i think

[Image: 9d7f96a4e69f9e49b3bcb2a9b2aa3267_zpsffc0a44c.jpg]
Anonymous Clan
GC: Pastil*
12-14-2013, 08:37 AM
Ok, thanks! If there are only 2 divisions than it's no wonder I see the same names Wink

Super-Titan Pytosz the challenger!
12-15-2013, 03:05 AM
I just updated OSN to include the new season. Leaderboards should start showing up over the next couple days. The best way to make sure your division is found is to post a replay of a league match on OSN. OML hasn't given me a way to automatically pull the new leaderboards so I have to slowly watch for new league matches on the latest season so I can grab the leaderboards assigned. It is a slow process at the beginning of new seasons. This is especially true for fluffy because they don't generally post replays as much.
12-15-2013, 12:10 PM
Thanks for all your work CodePenguin!

12-17-2013, 12:30 AM (This post was last modified: 12-17-2013 12:31 AM by erikpdumont.)
(12-15-2013 03:05 AM)CodePenguin Wrote:  I just updated OSN to include the new season. Leaderboards should start showing up over the next couple days. The best way to make sure your division is found is to post a replay of a league match on OSN. OML hasn't given me a way to automatically pull the new leaderboards so I have to slowly watch for new league matches on the latest season so I can grab the leaderboards assigned. It is a slow process at the beginning of new seasons. This is especially true for fluffy because they don't generally post replays as much.

Can Adam or Alex send you links to all the divisions? I didn't realize this was the way it worked, but that explains why I've been in "new" divisions before that weren't listed anywhere.

Oh, and thank you too! Without the OSN, we wouldn't be able to learn half as much about good strategy and tactics from all the brilliant people playing above us. Smile

-DuMonster-
(also plays as DuMontster)