Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 4 Average
12-09-2013, 04:30 AM (This post was last modified: 12-09-2013 05:14 AM by PhilAvery.)
RE: Season 4!
The placement match is if your hidden rank is high/low enough to get promoted/demoted, but you haven't managed to change league yet (you haven't managed to string together enough of a good streak to get promoted).

Look at the top 20 randoms and you'll see some masters mixed in with the STs. The promotion match is a chance to skip the promotion requirement (as long as your hidden rank is high enough of course).

It's not for people who are 'boarderline', but for the people who are passed the boarders.

Super-Titan 2v2 Random
Fluffy League True skill level
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
12-09-2013, 08:04 AM
(12-07-2013 10:16 AM)TheGoldenGriffin Wrote:  Season 1 lasted about 5 months, season 2 about 4 months, and season 3 about 8 months. Why aren't the season turnovers automated?

I agree they should be automated. Say - once every 3 or 4 months. But OML has been working on TTL2 so even though automating would probably save time in the long run Alex probably just hasn't had time.

Anyway... time to change all my account names so they'll be what I want them to be in the Season 4 rankings =P

[Image: supertitanreplay.png]
12-09-2013, 11:10 AM
(12-09-2013 08:04 AM)CombatEX Wrote:  
(12-07-2013 10:16 AM)TheGoldenGriffin Wrote:  Season 1 lasted about 5 months, season 2 about 4 months, and season 3 about 8 months. Why aren't the season turnovers automated?

I agree they should be automated. Say - once every 3 or 4 months. But OML has been working on TTL2 so even though automating would probably save time in the long run Alex probably just hasn't had time.

Anyway... time to change all my account names so they'll be what I want them to be in the Season 4 rankings =P

It'd be nice, and maybe one day...
but in reality they also server a secondary purpose: maintenance window. When the servers go down for the season rollover is when I typically do any backend maintenance for any issues that was on my to-do list. Also, rollovers aren't as well tested as I'd like them to be, as each season has had me go in and fix a few things before turning things back on. Hopefully subsequent seasons get smoother and smoother as I iron the kinks out and downtime is minimized. This past week I already was able to do some decent backend fixes without taking servers down, so hopefully the S4 downtime will be even smaller.

If you wish to make an apple pie from scratch, you must first invent the universe. - Carl Sagan
12-09-2013, 08:57 PM
Oh, that's nice to hear. Thanks for continuing to support Outwitters through things like backend maintenance, not to mention giving us a new season =)

[Image: supertitanreplay.png]
12-10-2013, 02:29 AM
Are people sitting on their rankings? Lol. None of my league games are taking turns! I am playing 2-3 guys ranked #1. Maybe they are trying to only play games with advantages.

[Image: sig.png]
12-10-2013, 06:29 AM (This post was last modified: 12-10-2013 06:30 AM by PhilAvery.)
(12-10-2013 02:29 AM)HuskyPete Wrote:  Are people sitting on their rankings? Lol. None of my league games are taking turns! I am playing 2-3 guys ranked #1. Maybe they are trying to only play games with advantages.

People are scared to progress in games that they're loosing, as the 1st result of the new season is a promotion result, so they're scared that the loosing games will be the first to finish.

Not that the promotion match is going to effect most people, but just I case your hidden rank is high enough for a promotion.

Super-Titan 2v2 Random
Fluffy League True skill level
12-11-2013, 04:31 AM
(12-09-2013 04:20 AM)Mag!cGuy Wrote:  The placement match has no more relevance than any other math you play Smile

Enjoyed this Freudian slip....

cryingGifted Leagueowl
wailing beekMaster Leaguew/Husky Pete
12-12-2013, 01:04 AM
Does season 4 start today or next week?
12-12-2013, 01:48 AM