Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 4 Average
The Soon To Be Elite Tournament - Season 1 - Discussion Thread
10-30-2013, 05:47 PM (This post was last modified: 11-06-2013 11:46 PM by infinitepure.)
RE: The Soon To Be Elite Tournament - Season 1 - Discussion Thread
Well, tournament got restarted so looks like an all new post!

Round 1: Foundry - Vazke~ vs infinitepure

Round 2: Reaper -infinitepure vs AlliDooisRush [LOSS]

outwitters://viewgame?id=ahRzfm91dHdpdHRlcnNnYW1lLWhyZHIVCxIIR2FtZVJvb20YgICAoLvcmAsM

Commentary soon.

Round 3: Long Nine - TheGoldenGriffin vs infinitepure [STARTED]

Round 4: Thorn Gulley - infinitepure vs Amoffett11 [STARTED]

outwitters://viewgame?id=ahRzfm91dHdpdHRlcnNnYW1lLWhyZHIVCxIIR2FtZVJvb20YgICA4M3qjwgM

Commentary soon.

Round 5: Peekaboo - infinitepure vs Jamay235 [STARTED]

Round 6: Sweetie Plains - BrandoCommando13 vs infinitepure

Round 7: Foundry - Bye

Round 8: Sharkfood Island - Izzila vs infinitepure [WIN]

outwitters://viewgame?id=ahRzfm91dHdpdHRlcnNnYW1lLWhyZHIVCxIIR2FtZVJvb20YgICAkJDh4QgM

Izzila begins with a runner opening but decides not to heal anything on the turn. I start with a standard soldier opening. On turn 6, izzila moves a runner in position to spawn block while I move my units in an offensive position. Izzila spawn blocks the next turn and spawns a scrambler in preparation for my potential upcoming attack. I feel I had two choices here, either clear my spawn or go all in, and I chose the latter cause I figured if he spawned two runners perhaps I would be able to overrun him. I'd like some advice if possible because I'm not sure this was the best move to make (:

Izzila scrambles my heavy in defense, while killing a soldier also and spawning a new one. I felt that I was kinda forced to kill his scrambler, while killing the heavy I felt was also in the best interest of that turn. I moved a soldier next to base and attacked, while moving another soldier on the wit space and another next to base in the hopes that he'd be unable to kill more than 1 soldier and i could finish the game by hitting base, moving out and hitting again. It turns out that worked! Not sure if izzila could have made different moves to defend and I feel my attack may have been risky considering the spawn block but it was still a fun game for me (: Any advice that you guys can give would be greatly appreciated.

Round 9: Glitch - T- 1000 vs infinitepure

[Image: sig.png]
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: The Soon To Be Elite Tournament - Season 1 - Discussion Thread - infinitepure - 10-30-2013 05:47 PM