Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 4 Average
The Soon To Be Elite Tournament - Season 1 - Discussion Thread
10-30-2013, 08:44 AM
RE: The Soon To Be Elite Tournament - Season 1 - Discussion Thread
(10-30-2013 08:21 AM)Doodat Wrote:  
(10-30-2013 08:11 AM)awpertunity Wrote:  
(10-29-2013 10:42 PM)HuskyPete Wrote:  Round 3: Long Nine- lost
outwitters://viewgame?id=ahRzfm91dHdpdHRlcnNnYW1lLWhyZHIVCxIIR2FtZVJvb20YgICAoPf1lwgM
So looking for some feedback please. I think I was doing ok until turn 16. When I had 2 wits, I thought to retreat my 2 soldiers to protect my sniper. I honestly don't know why, but instead I did that useless attack. I think I did ok after that too. I thought anticipating the soldier coming down on turn 27 and bringing my heavy out was a good idea. I think I just had already lost on turn 16. Thoughts? Any idea how I might have fared if I retreated my 2 soldiers there? Thanks for any advice.

No, you were right to continue attacking rather than half attack half retreat. But you could have killed the soldier and sniper rather than kill the soldier and do 2 damage to another soldier.

Even better though, from the start of the turn, you should have just hit the bottom 3 hp soldier with your 4 hp soldier and killed it with a new runner, then hit the heavy with your sniper and the runner there. Then you could have killed the sniper and the other 4 hp soldier too. Your heavy should have killed the bottom runner since it is too far from the battle to do anything anyway.

When they spawn an early mobi like that it's good to do an all-in attack like you did since they are generally lower on units/wits and it makes the mobi almost useless. I think something that would've helped a lot is in turn 12 when you spawned the sniper you should have moved it left/up instead of down since you were planning to attack. This boosted sniper became useless in the main attack and was a waste of 5 wits which only gave you a 3 wit advantage against his mobi instead of the 8 you should have had (for spawning and moving the mobi to where it is).

Turn 22 you should not have attacked top, he had the unit advantage now and all his units were top too. Since he has the mobi and lots of runners you should have boosted your runner on turn 20, then you could have killed the 2 runners bottom on turn 22 and taken the witspace where he has nothing.

He would have to have had at least 8 wits to kill the sniper for your second suggestion.

Oh, you're right I didn't count wits. He still could have killed the 4 hp soldier, 3hp soldier, sniper, and both runners in 6 though.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: The Soon To Be Elite Tournament - Season 1 - Discussion Thread - awpertunity - 10-30-2013 08:44 AM