Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
10-23-2013, 05:07 AM
RE: ...
(10-23-2013 05:03 AM).Memories. Wrote:  A newer Outwitters player recently asked me what my favorite part of Outwitters was. I said that the game was a major part, but another huge aspect is the community. There are almost zero "mean" players..

I did meet some "mean" players, probably not on the forums. Everyone I met so far on the forums were awesome.

I am GameCenter's Chemoeum.

RIP, DL banner.

Explosions.

Go here!
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
10-23-2013, 05:15 AM
(10-23-2013 05:03 AM).Memories. Wrote:  A newer Outwitters player recently asked me what my favorite part of Outwitters was. I said that the game was a major part, but another huge aspect is the community. There are almost zero "mean" players..

That's so right.

To be honest, I think that's because of the type of outwitters: turn based strategy game. Trolls won't come here, simply because the game is too smart for them. A huge part of this community is composed of adults, which also helps to meet nice people only!
And the game is not famous enough to attract all kind of strange guys. If you look at starcraft for example, it's a pure strategy game, where a huge amount of skills is required, but still, 50% of people are bad mannered, or worse.

I may be wrong, but that's my feeling about it Tongue

You can ask a...
[Image: 6BmXQqC.jpg]
(drawing by Chemoeum)

[Image: sig.png]
10-23-2013, 05:38 AM (This post was last modified: 10-23-2013 05:43 AM by CombatEX.)
I don't think that it's because Outwitter is Turn-Based Strategy. That's probably part of the reason the community is good, but the game this thread was previously about is also a TBS. The people who were the most "mean" seemed to be in their 20s-30s (from watching some streams and what people revealed about their age on the forums).

Don't get me wrong though, I met some nice people over there too but too many of the high level players are jerks. I don't feel like competing with them and all that bm. I guess it's true that competition brings out the worst in people. Somehow the high level players in Outwitters are almost all very friendly though which never ceases to amaze me!

Wild guess, maybe it's the art style of Outwitters? Not in full of course, but I imagine that probably weeded out at least some overly aggressive people.

[Image: supertitanreplay.png]
10-23-2013, 05:55 AM (This post was last modified: 10-23-2013 05:55 AM by TheGreatErenan.)
BM? Are you saying the community is so bad mannered that it's like a bowel movement? Undecided

[Image: 257k5t3.jpg][Image: 33mq0s8.jpg]
If you don't get my jokes, it's because of Postmodernism.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
10-23-2013, 06:00 AM (This post was last modified: 10-23-2013 06:00 AM by Chemoeum.)
Look ma, I changed my subject, almost no one does that
Did you refer BM as bad mannered or bowel movement, or both?

I am GameCenter's Chemoeum.

RIP, DL banner.

Explosions.

Go here!
10-23-2013, 06:31 AM
Bad mannered. It's used all the time in Starcraft in an abbreviated form "BM".

But yea, decided to play one final game of _____ and my opponent starts cussing me out and saying how OP one of my cards is. -_-

[Image: supertitanreplay.png]
10-23-2013, 07:23 AM
Aren't you allowed to say the name of the game?

You can ask a...
[Image: 6BmXQqC.jpg]
(drawing by Chemoeum)

[Image: sig.png]
10-23-2013, 07:30 AM
He edited his posts to remove it because he doesn't want to promote it any more.

[Image: 257k5t3.jpg][Image: 33mq0s8.jpg]
If you don't get my jokes, it's because of Postmodernism.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
10-23-2013, 08:06 AM
I mean, is it the game that's bad, or is it the community? I wouldn't want to stop promoting a good game to good people if the community is what's bringing it down. Bringing a better community to the game is exactly why you should want to promote this game.

Doowhat? Doodat? Okey:3

1v1 Super-Titan - Peak #32 // Current #56 as AlliDooisRush
2v2 - w/jesusfuentesh #7
2v2 Master League - w/baustin #17 // w/Juslas #85 // Randoms #38
10-23-2013, 11:18 AM (This post was last modified: 10-23-2013 11:18 AM by TheGoldenGriffin.)
You could go to the website and decide if you like it yourself. I lost interest after i saw what seemed to be a rip off of piranha plant

But thats just me

I hear there's a secret Mobi hidden here somewhere…