Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
10-13-2013, 10:48 AM (This post was last modified: 10-23-2013 04:52 AM by CombatEX.)
I will not endorse a game with a terrible community and am retracting my previous support for this kickstarter project. Great devs and fun game but the high level players are absolute jerks who go out of their way to insult new players. Makes me respect the Outwitters community even more than I already did.

[Image: supertitanreplay.png]
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
10-13-2013, 10:57 AM (This post was last modified: 10-13-2013 10:59 AM by .Memories..)
RE: Faeria Hex Based TBS
Seriously thinking about this one! If I'm reading this correctly, you can play beta with a $15 pledge, but for $25 you get beta and the release version? Nice!

[Image: sig.png][Image: 2q2lq9y.jpg]
10-13-2013, 11:44 AM (This post was last modified: 10-23-2013 04:53 AM by CombatEX.)

10-13-2013, 12:57 PM
I saw a piranha plant card.

I hear there's a secret Mobi hidden here somewhere…
10-13-2013, 01:03 PM
Will do. Don't know if I'm completely oblivious to something obvious, but is it web-based? I can't find that information anywhere..

10-13-2013, 01:10 PM
I guess I'll tell you when they send an email telling me what's going on Wink

Doowhat? Doodat? Okey:3

1v1 Super-Titan - Peak #32 // Current #56 as AlliDooisRush
2v2 - w/jesusfuentesh #7
2v2 Master League - w/baustin #17 // w/Juslas #85 // Randoms #38
10-13-2013, 01:19 PM (This post was last modified: 10-13-2013 03:32 PM by .Memories..)
(10-13-2013 01:10 PM)Doodat Wrote:  I guess I'll tell you when they send an email telling me what's going on Wink

Thanks!

*EDIT: Yeah, it's web-based. It seems some people are complaining about flash, but the devs are looking into something more.. modern.. such as HTML-5. Anyway, I backed it for $25 - will let y'all know my username when that time comes Smile

10-13-2013, 03:43 PM (This post was last modified: 10-23-2013 04:53 AM by CombatEX.)

10-14-2013, 04:13 AM
Just made an account: "Memories". Haven't played yet, but looks good so far.

10-14-2013, 06:59 AM
This looks awesome! I hope it gets funded.

I do have a general gripe:
Quote:We will not sell cards through micropayments simply because we would not feel right doing so. We want everyone to be treated equally. Faëria is a one-time purchase TCG, Pay2Win is for scrubs.

What? Well this seems disingenuous. Personally, I have zero issue with good free to play games. Just like I have zero issue with good paid games. Making one of your key selling points that you aren't selling your game like someone else feels lazy to me.

On the point of Pay2Win, it seems to be confusing free-to-play and pay-2-win. Those aren't the same. While I'm not privvy to how the game plays, but the idea that buying cards would give you some unfair advantage while earning them wouldn't seems contradictory. If you can straight up get a better deck than someone else just joining the game, then that's a fundamental feature of your game. You can't have it both ways. If I played the game and got my ass handed to me because someone else had a better deck, I'm frustrated. I don't really care if they bought it or earned it.

It's a digital trading card game. Physical TCG's at their core were about 'DLC' and buying more cards. This game seems like you could easily implement earning them in-game while also having the option to buy them outright for those that just want to get into the meat of the game. Seems like a mistake to me.

If you wish to make an apple pie from scratch, you must first invent the universe. - Carl Sagan