Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
The Elite Championship - Season 1 - The Games - Come discuss about them!
10-07-2013, 11:28 PM (This post was last modified: 10-07-2013 11:29 PM by [PETA] Cor13:4.)
RE: The Elite Championship - Season 1 - The Games - Come discuss about them!
(10-07-2013 06:08 AM)Thrutchy Wrote:  Best case, it was wit neutral for Sharugames: 3 wits to kill the medic and 3 wits to kill the runner and replace the medic. But, these things make it look inefficient:
* trading an attacking unit for a non-attacking one
* The medic wasn't adjacent to the spawn. Being away from the spawn makes it less valuable (up to 1 wit). For sharkfood, this is still a very good medic location so I'd say this is only a partial wit penalty.
* Before the medic was killed, it wasn't used on any soldiers. It looks like Alvendor had no plans to use it. The medic looks like bait based on this. Unboosted soldiers seems like a good strategy on this map since snipers aren't typically spawned proactively. A feedback opponent makes this seem better.

I'd disagree with some of these points.

The medic on SFI is sometimes very useful in defense to block adjacent base hexes or to forward move to heal attackers after you attack and your opponent counter attacks. For this reason, the medic being away from the spawn is not a negative like on most maps.

Unboosted soldiers are decent on SFI because snipers rarely are used if you're not adorables. However, on a counter-attack, often the only thing that can reach the attackers from your spawn is a runner. Having some boosted soldiers, especially on your bottom attackers is valuable. Also, if the heavy is still in play, boosting your soldier of course prevents the one-hit on a soldier.

For these reasons, although I personally wouldn't take the medic, I wouldn't consider it an inefficient move.

"Love is patient, love is kind....It does not dishonor others, is not self-seeking, is not easily angered, it keeps no record of wrongs. Love does not delight in evil but rejoices with the truth. It always protects, always trusts, always hopes, always perseveres." 1st Corinthians 13:4
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: The Elite Championship - Season 1 - The Games - Come discuss about them! - [PETA] Cor13:4 - 10-07-2013 11:28 PM